Rajgir Mahotsav (festival), formerly Rajgir Nritaya (Dance) Mahotsav is a festival of dance and music. It was started in 1986, is an annual three-day event at Rajgir in Bihar, India. It is organized by Nalanda district administration with the help of Government of Bihar’s Department of Culture and Bihar State Tourism Development Corporation.
logo of Rajgir Mahotsav
|Location(s)||Rajgir, Nalanda district, Bihar|
|Inaugurated||4 April 1986|
|Most recent||27–29 December 2018|
|Attendance||approx. 1 lakh (2013)|
Bindeshwari Dubey, the then Chief Minister of Bihar, had inaugurated the festival in Swarna Bhadar area of Rajgir on 4 April 1986. The Tourism Department of Bihar Government had sponsored festival until 1989. After 1989, event abandoned for reasons unknown. Few years later in 1994, it was again started and since then, it is an annual event in the calendar of Bihar Government.
Various competitions on Tonga race, martial arts competitions, mehndi contest, mahila utsav, food plaza, gramshree mela etc. have been introduced recently besides organizing performance by artists of national and international repute. Qila Maidan located in the backdrop of Ratnagiri hills is its current venue. In 2016, Rajgir Mahotsav was organized from 25 to 27 November.
In 2017, Rajgir Mahotsav will be organized from 25 to 27 November. 
- "Nitish Inaugurates Rajgir Mahotsav". PatnaDaily.Com. 29 December 2013. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "Tourists fail to keep Rajgir date". Telegraphindia.com. 31 December 2013. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "Kailash Kher, Kavita Seth to perform at Rajgir Mahotsava - The Times of India (Patna)". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 14 December 2013. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- Tripathi, Piyush Kumar (30 November 2015). "Bright spot fights fair gloom - Festival juggles themes over years". The Telegraph. Retrieved 17 April 2016.
- "Bid to make Rajgir Mahotsava a spectacular event - The Times of India (Patna)". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 22 December 2013. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "Deputy CM opens Rajgir festival - The Times of India (Patna)". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "An Enthralling Charm of Rajgir Mahotsav - Travel News India". travelnewsindia.com. 1 December 2016.
- "अंतर्राष्ट्रीय राजगीर महोत्सव के राज्य स्तरीय कवि सम्मेलन में होगा हिंदी, उर्दू , अंगिका, बज्जिका, भोजपुरी, मैथिली, मगही के कवियों का समागम". angika.com. 1 November 2017.