This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Rajan Biharilal Raheja
1953 (age 66–67)
|Alma mater||Bombay University|
|Occupation||Chairman of Rajan Raheja Group|
|Net worth||US$3.0 billion (April 2017)|
|Parent(s)||Beharilal S. Raheja|
|Relatives||Chandru Raheja (cousin)|
Rajan Beharilal Raheja was born in 1953, the son of Dr. Beharilal S. Raheja.
Rajan Raheja started his career in the construction business. After building a huge presence in the realty market, his Rajan Raheja Group diversified into manufacturing, financial services and media — each venture initiated to assume leadership in core areas. The group is a major media player in India, being the owners of Outlook magazine. They also have a significant stake in the growing convergence business in India, through Asianet Satellite Communications Ltd. and Hathway Cable & Datacom Ltd. He is of Sindhi origin.
Rajan Raheja group companiesEdit
Starting as a construction and real estate development company, the Raheja group now covers a range of business ventures. They include:
- Prism Johnson Ltd., with two cement units, has a combined production capacity of 6.0 million tonnes. Having two divisions namely
- H&R Johnson (India) Ltd., the top name in ceramic tiles in India.
- RMC Readymix (India) Pvt. Ltd. was set up in 1996 as a joint venture of the Raheja group with RMC Group Plc of the UK. It is now a division of Prism Cements Ltd. It operates 80 ready-mixed concrete plants in 27 cities/towns across India and is the third-largest concrete manufacturer in the country.
- Exide Industries : is the strongest brand of batteries in the automotive and industrial field. Indian largest battery manufacturer. The Company has a distribution network comprising over 4000 dealer outlets. The Company has a market share of 72% of Automotive OEM and 70% of Organized Retail. The Company also manufactures submarine batteries.
- Supreme Petrochem Ltd. is a joint venture of the Raheja group with Supreme Industries Ltd., the largest processor of plastic materials in India.
- Hathway cable & Datacom limited: cable TV services & Internet services; cable network in 13 cities and towns across India
- Outlook publications: a weekly political news magazine in India
- Asianet Satellite Communications: owns and operates a fibre optic cable network in Kerala
- Raheja QBE : General insurance company
- Exide Life Insurance Company Limited : JV with ING in financial services. Later fully acquired by Exide Industries. Now it is called Exide Life Insurance Company Limited.
Retail and wholesaleEdit
Raheja group holds 36.75% in EIH associated hotels ltd
He is married to Suman, and they have two sons, Akshay and Viren, and live in Mumbai.
- "Rajan Raheja". Forbes. Retrieved 17 April 2017.
- Geoff Hiscock (2008). India's Global Wealth Club: The Stunning Rise of Its Billionaires and Their Secrets of Success. John Wiley & Sons. p. 193. ISBN 978-0-470-82238-8. Retrieved 17 April 2017.
- Geoff Hiscock (2008). India's Global Wealth Club: The Stunning Rise of Its Billionaires and Their Secrets of Success. John Wiley & Sons. p. 250. ISBN 978-0-470-82238-8. Retrieved 16 April 2017.
- Vora, Rutam (1 April 2016). "Tongue-tied in Sindhi". The Hindu. Retrieved 9 August 2016.
|This Indian business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|