RajadhiRaja (English: King of Kings) is a 2014 Malayalam action thriller film, directed by Ajai Vasudev and written by the duo of Udayakrishna-Siby K. Thomas. The film stars Mammootty and Raai Laxmi, and Joju George, Siddique, Mukesh Khanna, Joy Mathew and Lena in supporting roles. The film released on 5 September 2014 to mixed reviews.
|Directed by||Ajai Vasudev|
|Produced by||M. K. Nasser|
Stanly Silvester Consera
Siby K. Thomas
|Music by||Karthik Raja|
Gopi Sunder (Background score)
|Edited by||Mahesh Narayanan|
|Distributed by||Good Line Productions|
The film begins in Chittur district of Palakkad, Kerala. The story is about Shekarankutty, who is leading a happy family life with his wife and his daughter. One day Shekarankutty is arrested by the police on suspicion of being an underworld don. But as the police could not confirm that he was a don, he is released. Shekarankutty and his family are attacked by gangsters the following night. The next day they shift their house. As Shekarankutty and Ayyappan go to meet the commissioner, they are followed by several gangsters. As they are rounded up, Ayyappan tries to flee but stops when seeing Shekarankutty beating up the gangsters. After the fight, Shekarankutty takes Ayyappan to a place and reveals about his past as a notorious don. He reveals that he came to Mumbai to become a business person but instead got a job as a taxi driver. As the flashback ends, Shekarankutty is threatened by his former boss Krishna Vamshi, that his family will be killed. However, Shekarankutty manages to save his family in the nick of time. Later in the movie, Shekarankutty is sent by his former boss to kill Chief Secretary, Mahindra Varma in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, who was his old friend on the occasion of Mahindra Varma's daughter's wedding. But as Shekarankutty is indebted to Mahindra Varma for the help he had done to Shekharankutty in the past, Shekarankutty can never kill Mahindra Varma. But as Shekarankutty's boss and his associates are adamant on killing Mr. Varma, they take Shekarankutty's family hostage and threaten to kill them unless Mahindra Varma is brought to them. Mahindra Varma says he too loves his family, as Shekarankutty does. Finally, Shekarankutty brings Mahindra Varma to Ahmed Shah, but Shekarankutty reveals that he and his friend Sikandar Bhai killed his boss before coming to the place. As Ahmed Shah and his associates try to kill the Chief Secretary, a fight ensues and the villains are killed by Shekarankutty, and the Chief Secretary is saved.
- Mammootty as Shekharan Kutty a.k.a Rajasheikar
- Raai Laxmi as Radha
- Joju George as Ayyappan
- Siddique as Mahendra Varma
- Joy Mathew as Ahmed Shah
- Sijoy Varghese as Gangster Chandru
- Mukesh Khanna as Sikhander
- Lena as Vidyalakshmi
- Nawab Shah as Gangster Sathya
- Raza Murad as Krishna Vamshi
- Rahul Dev as John Tiger
- Babu Namboothiri as Gangadhara Menon/Radha's Father
- Bheeman Raghu as DYSP Paulose Pothen
- Abu Salim as Security Officer Sandeep
- Kazan Khan as Gangster Khalid
- Ravi Prakash as Police Officer
- Assim Jamal As Gangster
- Taniya Stanley as Mahendra Varma's daughter
- Nelson as Kuttappan
- Shaju as Man fighting at Petrol pump
- Sethulakshmi as Paruttiyamma
- Baiju VK as CI George
- Baby Eva as Sreedurga
- Baby Karen Mejo as Mahendra Varma's little daughter
- Unni Mukundan (Guest appearance in the song "Kanninu Kannin")
- Shamna Kasim (Item Dance in the song "Dhan Than" )
Sify said, "Rajadhi Raja is a mimicry of some tasteless masala flicks, which are seriously outdated. This one has perhaps been aimed at the hardcore fans of the superstar." IndiaGlitz gave six out of ten and said, "Rajadhiraja is an Average Thriller" and stated, "In the final analysis, 'Rajadhiraja' doesn't offer any freshness in narratives. But it can be fine for a one-time watch, if you are not in theatres with any big expectations." Paresh C Palicha of Rediff gave two stars out of five with a caption, "Rajadhi Raja fails to impress", and wrote, "Rajadhi Raja proves to be a lacklustre Onam release" Unni R Nair of Kerala9 gave two out of five and stated, "Just about good entertainment watchable if you know what to expect..." Deepa Soman of The Times of India gave 3.5 out of 5 and said, "Rajadhiraja is a winsome film with enough moments to entertain you this Onam season."
- "Mammootty to enthral fans as 'Rajadhi Raja'". MetroMatinee. 8 June 2014.
- "Raai as Radha". The New Indian Express. 5 August 2014.
- "'Rajadhi Raja' will test Mammootty's mass appeal". Sify. 5 September 2014.
- "Unni turns item boy". Indiaglitz.
- "Shamna Kasim Turns Item Dancer!". FilmiBeat.
- Sify.com. "Rajadhi Raja". Sify.com. Archived from the original on 6 September 2014. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- Indiaglitz (6 September 2014). "Rajadhi Raja Review - 'Rajadhiraja' is an Average Thriller". Indiaglitz. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- Paresh C Palicha (5 September 2014). "Review: Rajadhi Raja fails to impress". Rediff.com. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- Unni R Nair. "Rajadhi Raja Review". Kerala9. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- Deepa Soman (7 September 2014). "Rajadhiraja". The Times of India. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- "Kerala Box-Office – September". Sify. 8 October 2014. Archived from the original on 9 October 2014.
- "Kerala Box-Office – September". Sify. 8 October 2014. Archived from the original on 21 April 2016.