Raj Nidimoru and Krishna D.K., collectively known as Raj & DK, is an Indian filmmaking duo who primarily works in Hindi films. They write, direct, and produce feature films and original series, under their banner D2R Films. They are best known for creating and directing The Family Man, Stree, Go Goa Gone, Shor In The City, and 99. The duo has also started an initiative, D2R Indie, to encourage new formats and new filmmakers. Their first film with D2R is Cinema Bandi, which released on Netflix.
Raj and D.K.
|Years active||2003 – present|
Raj Nidimoru and Krishna D.K. were born and brought up in Tirupati and Chittoor respectively. Their mother tongue is Telugu. They both graduated from Sri Venkateswara University College of Engineering, they also met. After graduation, they emigrated to the U.S. to pursue a career in software engineering.
Raj & DK's first Hindi feature film, 99, was an original crime-comic-thriller-historical-fiction set in Mumbai and Delhi. The New York Times called it "funny, inventive, refreshing"; Box Office magazine (USA) acclaimed that the film "sets new standards in Hindi cinema!"; and a number of Indian publications gave it four star reviews.
Their next, Shor in the City, was the acclaimed Hindi film of the year. It has received glowing reviews from across media publications. The film was made at a micro-budget, making it profitable even before the film's release. The film was also selected to various high-profile film festivals across the world.
Several years later, they came back with Go Goa Gone, which was a clutter-breaking film that introduced to India the first of its kind of a genre-bending film - a stoner/slacker comedy combined with horror and comedy. It became a cult film, especially among the younger audience.
In 2021, they started subsidiary of their production company, D2R Indie to produce indie films. The film produced under the banner was 2021 Telugu film Cinema Bandi by debutant director Praveen Kandregula. They have also signed for the Indian segment of Citadel by Russo Brothers whose production is expected to begin in 2022.
- All works are in Hindi unless otherwise noted.
|2011||Shor In The City|
|2013||Go Goa Gone|
|2013||D For Dopidi||Telugu film|
|2021||Cinema Bandi||Telugu film; Netflix original|
|2019–present||The Family Man||Amazon Prime Video|
|2021||Untitled web series starring Vijay Sethupathi, Shahid Kapoor and Raashi Khanna||Amazon Prime Video||Filming|
- Best Series (Critics) - The Family Man
- Best Director (Critics) - Raj & DK (The Family Man)
- Best Dialogues (Critics) - Raj & DK, Suman Kumar, Sumit Arora (The Family Man)
- Rentala Jayadeva, Raj Nidimoru and Krishna D.K. (15 May 2021). Sakshi Exclusive Interview With 'The Family Man 2' Team. Sakshi TV. Event occurs at 1m21s.
- "With D2R Films (Sorted by Popularity Ascending)". IMDb. Retrieved 12 June 2020.
- "Raj Nidimoru Krishna DK working on two micro-series". The Week. Retrieved 12 June 2020.
- "Telugu Cinema interview - Raj Nidimoru, Krishna DK - Film Directors". www.idlebrain.com. Retrieved 11 February 2021.
- "Interview with Raj and DK about Stree Manu by Bala Tirumalasetty - Telugu cinema directors". www.idlebrain.com. Retrieved 11 February 2021.
- "99 is a very funny film". Rediff. 18 May 2009.
- Saltz, Rachel (14 May 2009). "Bollywood Without the Song and Dance". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 11 April 2019.
- "Raj Nidimoru and Krishna DK: People had trust issues with us initially - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 13 March 2018.
- "Go Goa Gone is our kind of film: Raj Nidimoru and Krishna DK". India Today. 10 May 2013. Retrieved 13 March 2018.
- Entertainment, Quint (30 April 2021). "Cinema Bandi Trailer: Everyone Is a Filmmaker at Heart". TheQuint. Retrieved 30 April 2021.
- "Cinema Bandi trailer: Raj and DK present an innocent take on filmmaking". The Indian Express. 30 April 2021. Retrieved 30 April 2021.
- Ramachandran, Narman (28 June 2021). "Russo Brothers' Amazon Multi-Series 'Citadel' India Details Revealed, 'The Family Man' Season 2 Unpacked (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved 14 September 2021.
- Kameshwari, A. (25 January 2021). "Shahid Kapoor and Raashi Khanna to star in Raj and DK's next". The Indian Express. Retrieved 25 January 2021.
- Entertainment, Quint (20 December 2020). "Filmfare OTT Awards 2020: 'Paatal Lok', 'The Family Man' Win Big". TheQuint. Retrieved 30 December 2020.
- "Star Screen Awards 2018 full list of winners: Stree, Raazi and Badhaai Ho win laurels". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 14 December 2020.
- "The Family Man Season 2 Review". Xappie. Retrieved 4 June 2021.