This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Rahat Indori (born 1 January 1950) is an Indian Bollywood lyricist and Urdu language poet. He is also a former professor of Urdu language and a painter. Prior to this he was a pedagogist of Urdu literature at Indore University.
1 January 1950
Indore, Madhya Bharat, India
|Education||MA, PhD in Urdu literature|
|Alma mater||Islamia Karimia College, Indore|
Barkatullah University, Bhopal
|Genre||Ghazal, Nazm, Geet|
|Spouse||Seema Rahat |
Anjum Rehbar (separated)
Early life and educationEdit
Rahat Qureshi, later known as Rahat Indori, was born on 1 January 1950 in Indore to Rafatullah Qureshi, a cloth mill worker, and his wife Maqbool Un Nisa Begum. He was their fourth child. He did his schooling from Nutan School Indore from where he completed his Higher Secondary. He completed his graduation from Islamia Karimia College, Indore in 1973 and has passed his MA in Urdu literature from Barkatullah University Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh) in 1975. Rahat was awarded a PhD in Urdu literature from the Bhoj University of Madhya Pradesh in 1985 for his thesis titled Urdu Main Mushaira.
Indori has performed in Mushaira and Kavi Sammelan from last 40 - 45 Years. He has traveled widely internationally to recite poetry. He has attended poetic symposiums in almost all the Districts of India and have also traveled hundred of times to USA, UK, UAE, Australia, Canada, Singapore, Mauritius, KSA, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal etc.
In other mediaEdit
Indori was invited as a guest in The Kapil Sharma Show twice. First, in 1 July 2017 episode of Season 1 along with Kumar Vishwas and Shabinaji; and second time with Ashok Chakradhar in 21 July 2019 episode of Season 2. Indori was also invited in the show Wah! Wah! Kya Baat Hai! on SAB TV.
As a lyricistEdit
Books written by himEdit
Some of his Famous Books are below,
|Do Kadar or Sahi||Rahat Indori|
|Mere baad||Rahat Indori|
|Dhoop Bahut Hai]]||Rahat Indori|
|Chand Pagal Hai||Rahat Indori|
- "MP's Bollywood connection grows behind the camera". India Today. 12 September 2008.
- Joshi, Sopan (20 May 2019). "Urdu poetry's shape-shifter". India Today. Archived from the original on 12 May 2019. Retrieved 24 July 2019.
- "I. K. College - About Us". Archived from the original on 12 October 2010. Retrieved 3 October 2010.
- Barkatullah University Bhopal Archived 6 October 2006 at the Wayback Machine
- "14 Exceptional Shayris By Rahat Indori That Are Full Of Wisdom". 30 July 2016. Retrieved 31 July 2016.
- "Top Urdu poets are arriving in Dubai for a poetic evening on April 25".
- "राहत इंदौरी जन्मदिन विशेष: हमारे पांव का कांटा हमीं से निकलेगा". January 2018.
- Sharma, Kriti (1 July 2017). "The Kapil Sharma Show: Chandan Prabhakar returns to TKSS with a Shayari Special Episode". India.com. Retrieved 23 July 2019.
- Farzeen, Sana (21 July 2019). "The Kapil Sharma Show: A poetic night with Rahat Indori and Ashok Chakradhar". The Indian Express. Retrieved 23 July 2019.
- "Urdu poetry's shape-shifter".
- "I Want an India Where Peace and Love Prevails: Rahat Indori". 30 March 2019.
- "पुस्तक समीक्षाः राहत इंदौरी की 'रुत'".
- "Young writers, Urdu veterans dominate Hindi bestseller list".
- "Collection of new Hindi books to be released at Swami Vivekananda Library".
- "राहत इंदौरी की नई किताब 'मेरे बाद' का लोकार्पण".
- "बर्थडे विशेष- राहत इंदौरी, 'किसी के बाप का हिंदुस्तान थोड़ी है'".
- Official website of Rahat Indori
- Rahat Indori on IMDb
- "14 Exceptional Shayari By Rahat Indori That Are Full Of Wisdom" (30 July 2016). gabdig.com.