Raghu Romeo is a 2003 Bollywood film directed by Rajat Kapoor, starring Vijay Raaz, Sadiya Siddiqui, Maria Goretti, Manu Rishi and Saurabh Shukla. The film released on 15 August 2003 to critical acclaim but was a big commercial failure. Set in modern-day Mumbai, the film focuses on the life of a waiter working in a dance bar. The film won the National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Hindi.
|Directed by||Rajat Kapoor|
|Produced by||Naseeruddin Shah|
|Written by||Rajat Kapoor (screenplay)|
Saurabh Shukla (dialogue)
|Edited by||Suresh Pai|
Raghu Romeo (Vijay Raaz) is a guileless man, who hails from a lower-middle-class family. He is a 30-year-old waiter henpecked by his mother and by the boss who seldom pays him. In his naivete, Raghu thinks he must protect the virtue of that joint's floozies from grabby clients, especially Sweety (Sadiya Siddiqui), a hitman's honey whose cynical surface masks a soft spot for the clueless hero. But he only has eyes for Neeta, a quintessential TV-soap suffering-heroine played by not-so-nice Reshma (Maria Goretti). Unable to distinguish between reel and real life, Raghu kidnaps the terrified actress and takes her to the countryside house of Sweety. Turns out she is on the hit-list (for failing to pay off the entertainment industry's mob "protectors").
- Vijay Raaz as Raghu
- Sadiya Siddiqui as Sweety
- Saurabh Shukla as Mario
- Maria Goretti as Reshma / Neetaji
- Manu Rishi as Zahid
- Veerendra Saxena as Yadav
- Vijay Patkar as Hari
- Surekha Sikri as Mother
- Ikhlaq Khan as Vermaji
- Anjali Nadig as Mother in law
- Neha Sharma as Sister in law
- Dhruv Singh as Brother in law
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||18 June 2004|
Junk and Genius
All tracks are written by Pritam.
|1.||"Main Hero Raghu Romeo" (Performed by Kunal Ganjawala, Lyrics by Sanjeev Sharma)||4:23|
|2.||"Strawberry Hoon Main" (Part 1) Performed by Sunidhi Chauhan, Lyrics by Sanjeev Sharma)||3:44|
|3.||"Sweety Ke Koftey"||3:07|
|4.||"Jaake Khuda Ke Ghar Pe" (Qawwali) Performed by Kunal Ganjawala & Gayatri Iyer, Lyrics by Sanjeev Sharma)||2:58|
|5.||"Raghus Theme - The Party"||4:22|
|8.||"Raghu In The City"||1:12|
|9.||"Main Mamooli Admi" (Performed by Kunal Ganjawala & Kavita Krishnamurthy, Lyrics by Sanjeev Sharma)||5:25|
|10.||"Raghu In The Studio"||0:55|
|13.||"Strawberry Hoon Main" (Part 2) Performed by Sunidhi Chauhan, Lyrics by Sanjeev Sharma)||2:38|
|14.||"Mario Comes In"||0:23|
|15.||"Happy New Year"||2:43|
|16.||"Main Kaise Samjhaoon" (Performed by Kunal Ganjawala & Gayatri Iyer, Lyrics by Sanjeev Sharma)||4:43|
- 2004 National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Hindi (Silver Lotus Award)
- 2003 Best feature film - MAMI International film festival
- Hindi Cinema Year Book. Screen World Publication. Retrieved 1 April 2017.
- Communication, Compiled & Edited by Research, Reference and Training Division-National Documentation Centre on Mass (2004). Mass Media in India - 2004. Publications Division Ministry of Information & Broadcasting. ISBN 9788123023380. Retrieved 1 April 2017.