Rafael Duailibe Leitão (born 28 December 1979) is a Brazilian chess player. He is a grandmaster in both over-the-board chess and correspondence chess. Leitão is a seven-time Brazilian champion. He competed in the FIDE World Championship in 1999, 2000 and 2004 and in the FIDE World Cup in 2005, 2007, 2009, 2013 and 2015.
|Full name||Rafael Duailibe Leitão|
|Born||28 December 1979|
São Luís, Maranhão, Brazil
ICCF Grandmaster (2012)
|FIDE rating||2605 (August 2019)|
|Peak rating||2652 (June 2014)|
Leitão won the World Youth Chess Championship in the U12 category in 1991 and in the U18 category in 1996. Leitão also won the Brazilian Chess Championship in 1996, 1997, 1998, 2004, 2011, 2013 and 2014. He played for Brazil in the Chess Olympiads of 1996, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016 and 2018. He won the silver medal on board three at the 37th Chess Olympiad in 2006.
Leitão started playing correspondence chess via the International Correspondence Chess Federation in 2009, becoming an ICCF International Master in 2011 and an ICCF Grandmaster in 2012. By finishing second in the third Candidate Tournament, Leitão qualified for the 26th Correspondence World Championship, eventually finishing third with a score of 9.5/16.
- "GM Rafael Leitao is 2011 Brazil Champion". Chessdom. 2011-12-21. Retrieved 2019-02-25.
- Leitao, Rafael (2014-01-02). "Rafael Leitao wins sixth Brazilian title". Chess News. ChessBase. Retrieved 2019-02-25.
- "Men's Chess Olympiads: Rafael Leitão". OlimpBase. Retrieved 2 May 2011.
- Figlio, Gino (2008-09-05). "Interview with GM Rafael Leitao". www.iccf.com. Retrieved 2019-02-26.
- Leitão, Rafael profile at ICCF
- "Cross Table". www.iccf.com. Retrieved 2019-02-24.
- Rafael Leitao's website
- Rafael Leitao chess games at 365Chess.com
- Rafael Duailibe Leitao player profile and games at Chessgames.com
- Rafael Leitão player profile at the Internet Chess Club
- Interview with GM Rafael Leitao by Chessdom
|This biographical article relating to a Brazilian chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|