Radio Globo (Honduras)
The station is headed by David Romero Ellner.
On September 25, 2009, David Romero asserted that Jews are a problem in Honduras, and supported Hitler and the holocaust. The Association of Descendants of Sephardic Jews in Honduras issued a public statement against Romero Ellner. On September 28, 2009 it was taken off the air by the de facto Honduran government, which was able to do so due to a decree suspending some articles of the constitution of Honduras, On October 19, 2009 it went back on the air. It was awarded an Ondas Award for the best Iberoamericanan radio station for the team effort of fighting against the censorship of de facto government in 2009.
- "Rodas inventa ataques contra embajada". El Heraldo. 2009-10-09. Archived from the original on 2009-12-09.
- "Jews As Scapegoats in the Honduras Political Stalemate". Anti-Defemation League. Archived from the original on 2009-12-09.
- "Honduras - Antisemitic comments of Honduran radio director". The Coordination Forum for Countering Antisemitism.
- "Enérgica protesta judía contra resistencia - Declaraciones de periodista zelayista son racistas y criminales". El Heraldo.
- Micheletti ordena el cierre de los medios de comunicación afines a Zelaya
- "Creativity and humor honored at the Ondas awards". PRISA. 2009-10-16. Retrieved 2009-12-21.
|This Honduras-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|