RackaRacka is a YouTube channel created and run by Australian twin brothers Daniel "Danny" and Michael Philippou (born November 13, 1992), based in Los Angeles, California (originally from Adelaide, South Australia). The channel is known for its intense live action black comedy action videos, as well as for their videos that satirize McDonald's mascot Ronald McDonald as a high-pitched speaking psychopathic killer clown. Most of its videos have been known for containing excessive amounts of graphic violence, vulgarity and sexual content, resulting in a handful of them being flagged on YouTube due to controversy as well as being banned in several countries.
November 13, 1992
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Also known as||Therackaracka|
|Total views||906.6M views|
(14th January 2020)
|Network||Naomi Lennon and Studio 71|
Updated: 14th January 2020
The channel's first huge success was Harry Potter vs Star Wars, which attracted 7 million views in a week. This video won in the Best Comedy and Best Overall categories at the 2014 Australian Online Video Awards. In September 2015, the channel won the award for Best International YouTube Channel at the 6th Streamy Awards.
On 10 July 2017, Danny and Michael revealed that they moved into a mansion with their close friends, marking the beginning of a series of videos for the channel titled House of Racka, which combined their real-life adventures and special effects skills altogether into a vlog-like series. The House of Racka series became the majority of the channel's uploads for around a year. On 2 April 2018, among complaints of YouTube demonetizing the channel, the brothers announced that they were being evicted from their mansion, to which many fans thought this meant the end of the channel as the video contained an emotional tribute to the experiences the twins had in the mansion with a more somber mood than they usually projected. This was later proven to be false, however, as the two later revealed that the House of Racka series was the only cancellation to their YouTube careers and that they announced a new project titled The Racka Project, which is very similar to the previous House of Racka series; the major difference is that they are now continuing their videos from their residence previous to their mansion.
On 25 August 2018, Michael fought on the undercard KSI vs Logan Paul boxing event where he beat Scarce by TKO. Due to lack of demonetization on the main RackaRacka channel, on 14 December 2019 the brothers created a new channel called Left on Red, vowing to upload a shorter and possibly more marketable video to the channel daily. On 16 December 2019, the brothers announced that Michael had been charged with numerous crimes related to a video uploaded on 16 January 2019, which depicted him driving a heavily modified and watertight car on public roads while completely submerged and breathing partially through a hole in the roof. Other claims included that the brothers had been charged for quite a while and were unaware they were being sought by law enforcement; most of them were confirmed when Michael was ordered to appear in Christies Beach Magistrates Court on 14 January 2020. Upon their arrival, Michael and Danny were greeted by reporters and fans after announcing the court date and time on RackaRacka.
Amateur boxing recordEdit
|1 fight||1 win||0 losses|
|1||Win||1–0||John Scarce||TKO||3 (3), 0:24||25 Aug 2018||Manchester Arena, Manchester, England|
-  They moved in 2019.
- Gutelle, Sam (4 June 2015). "YouTube Millionaires: For Racka Racka, "The Whole Process Is Chaos"". Tubefilter.
- Beckerman, Marty (8 August 2014). "The 'Epic Childhood' Guys Explain Their Crazy Backyard Wrestling Video". MTV.
- Yeung, Chantelle (24 September 2015). "The Racka Racka (Australia) talk about their stunt and special effects videos at YouTube FanFest Sydney 2015". Hello Asia!.
- Diver, Mike (18 August 2015). "Here's What 'Mortal Kombat' Would Look Like in Real Life". Vice.
- Galletly, Jessica (4 May 2014). "SA filmmakers Danny and Michael Philippou create a YouTube sensation with Harry Potter vs Star Wars". The Advertiser.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
- Hawker, Philippa (15 October 2014). "Harry Potter vs Star Wars YouTube hit wins Australian Online Video Award for twins". The Sydney Morning Herald.
- Grant, Peter (Sep 17, 2015). "RackaRacka Take Home Streamy for Best International Channel! - Blog | BBTV". Blog | BBTV. Retrieved 2016-01-02.
- "WE GOT A MANSION!!!!". YouTube. 2017-06-10. Retrieved 2019-04-12.
- "The End of RackaRacka *not clickbait*". YouTube. 2018-04-02. Retrieved 2019-04-12.
- "Our future ..." YouTube. 2017-06-10. Retrieved 2019-09-10.
- Goldstein, DG (25 August 2018). "All Results From the KSI vs Logan Paul Undercard Fights". Dexerto. Dexerto LTD. Retrieved 26 August 2018.
- "Meeting friend's HOT GIRLFRIEND". YouTube. 2019-12-14. Retrieved 2020-01-18.
- "We got ARRESTED. 9 charges pending ..." YouTube. 2019-12-16. Retrieved 2019-01-18.
- "Driving world's first UNDERWATER CAR ft. Jackson O'doherty". YouTube. 2019-01-16. Retrieved 2020-01-18.
- "YouTube prankster in court for driving car filled with water to Adelaide bottle shop". ABC. Adelaide, AU. 15 January 2020. Retrieved 2020-01-18.
- on 's channelYouTube