Bindhiya Ram, known by her screen name Rachita Ram, is an Indian actress who is primarily known for her work in Kannada cinema. Prior to her entry in cinema, she appeared in the Kannada television soap opera Arasi, which was aired on Zee Kannada from January 2007 to September 2009.
|Other names||Rachita Ram|
|Relatives||Nithya Ram (sister)|
Following a successful television career, Rachita made her acting debut in the 2013 Kannada language film Bulbul as the female lead paired opposite Darshan, which was commercially successful. She consequently appeared in Dil Rangeela (2014) and Ambareesha (2014).
She is a trained classical Bharata Natyam dancer who has given more than 50 performances. Her father Ram, also a Bharata Natyam dancer, has given nearly 500 public performances. She has a sister, Nithya Ram, who is also a television and film actress.
Rachita auditioned for the female lead role in Bulbul with 200 other girls before she was finalised on, in July, 2012. Before that she had already worked in Kannada television soap Benkiyalli Aralida Hoovu along with her sister Nithya Ram. She was paired opposite Darshan in the film that went on to become a success commercially. On her performance, G. S. Kumar of The Times of India wrote, "A new star is born in Sandalwood. Rachita Ram has presented an excellent performance in her first movie" and added, "Rachita Ram is amazing with her dialogue delivery, body language and excellent expressions." Her first release of 2014 was Dil Rangeela, in which was paired opposite Ganesh, a performance that won her acclaim from critics. B. S. Srivani of Deccan Herald felt that she "delivers a seasoned performance" in the film. Her second release of the year saw her paired opposite Darshan again in Ambareesha. The film and her performance earned negative reviews from critics. In Ranna, she played Rukmini, the love interest of Sudeep, appearing in a small yet pivotal role. In Rathavara, she appeared as the love interest of Sriimurali, who plays gangster and key aide of an MLA. Sunayana Suresh of The Times of India wrote, "Rachita Ram looks pretty and has acted every bit the cutesy girl-next-door that is required of her".
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2013||1||Bulbul||Kaveri||M.D.Sridhar||Nominated, Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Kannada|
Nominated, SIIMA Award for Best Debutant - Female - Kannada
|3||Dil Rangeela||Khushi||Preetham Gubbi|
|2015||4||Ranna||Rukmini||Nanda Kishore||SIIMA Award for Best Actress - Kannada|
Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress - Kannada
|5||Rathavara||Navami||Chandrashekar Bandiyappa||Nominated, IIFA Utsavam Award for Best Actress (Kannada)|
|Jaggu Dada||Herself||Raghavendra Hedge||Guest appearance|
|Mukunda Murari||Radhe||Nanda Kishore||Cameo appearance in song "Gopala Ba"|
|2017||7||Pushpaka Vimana||Puttalakshmi||S. Ravindranath||￼|
|2018||9||Johnny Johnny Yes Papa||Priya||Preetham Gubbi||Nominated - Filmibeat Award for Best Actress - Kannada|
|10||Ayogya||Nandini||S. Mahesh Kumar||Zee Kannada Hemmeya Kannadiga Award for Best Actress|
Nominated - City Cine Award for Best Actress - Kannada
Nominated - TSR TV9 National Award for Best Actress - Kannada.
Nominated - SIIMA Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role-(Female )-Kannada
|The Villain||Herself||Prem||Special appearance in song "Bolo Bolo Ramappa"|
|2019||11||Seetharama Kalyana||Geetha||A. Harsha|
|12||Natasaarva Bhowma||Sakshi||Pavan Wadeyar|
|Amar||Herself||Nagshekar||Special appearance in a song "Joru Paattu"|
|13||I Love You||Dharmika||R. Chandru|
|Bharaate||Herself||Chethan Kumar||Filming, Special appearance in a song|
|2020||16||Ek Love Ya||TBA||Prem||Filming|
|18||Sanjay Alias Sanju||TBA||Nagshekar||Filming|
|19||Ayogya 2||Nandini||S Mahesh Kumar||Pre-production|
|20||April||April D'Souza||Satya Rayal||Filming|
|Year||Name of television series||Role||Language||Notes|
|2011||Benkiyalli Aralida Hoovu||Kannada|
- "Bul Bul Heroine Rachitha Ram". chitraloka.com. 9 July 2012.
- "Rachita Ram's sister to debut in Sandalwood". The Times of India. 6 November 2013.
- "Way to go, Rachita". The Indian Express. 1 May 2013. Retrieved 2 March 2015.
- "'Arasi' Bindya gets 'Bulbul'". The Indian Express. 9 July 2012. Retrieved 2 March 2015.
- "Bul Bul Movie Review". The Times of India. 10 May 2013. Retrieved 2 March 2015.
- "Lies never could get the girl or golden egg!". Deccan Herald. 7 March 2014. Retrieved 2 March 2015.
- "Ambareesha Movie Review". The Times of India. 23 November 2014. Retrieved 2 March 2015.
- "Resurrecting Kempegowda to right a wrong". Deccan Herald. 21 November 2014. Retrieved 2 March 2015.
- Khajane, Muralidhara. "A right royal Kichcha show". The Hindu. Retrieved 7 October 2015.
- Suresh, Sunayana (7 December 2015). "Rathaavara Movie Review". The Times of India. Retrieved 31 December 2015.
- "Rachita Birthday Celebrations in Mangaluru". The New Indian Express. 3 October 2015. Retrieved 7 October 2015.
- Sharadhaa, A. (13 March 2017). "Uppi turns hippie to play anti-hero". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 31 March 2017.
- "Rachita Ram and Bhavana dance to Murali lola hai Gopala". Retrieved 25 January 2017.