This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Rachell Sumpter is an American artist working in Seattle, Washington. A graduate of the Art Center College of Design, Sumpter's exhibitions have included solo exhibitions at the Richard Heller Gallery (Los Angeles), Hosfelt Gallery (new York City) Foley Gallery and Motel (Portland). Her work has also been showcased in group exhibitions at Jack Hanley Gallery (San Francisco), the Orange County Museum of Art and LACMA, among others. She currently teaches illustration, drawing and painting at a University in Seattle.
In addition to her artwork, Sumpter also maintains a commercial illustration practice. Her ongoing work with Dave Eggers and McSweeney's can be seen in the cover art for Zeitoun and What is the What. Her other clients include Chronicle Books, Penguin Books, Random House and the New York Times.
- Richard Heller Gallery (2009-02-21). "Rachell Sumpter: Molten Kin".
- Richard Heller Gallery (2007-04-07). "Rachell Sumpter".
- Rudick, Nicole. "Rachell Sumpter". Artforum.
- "Shows - Foley Gallery". www.foleygallery.com. Retrieved 2018-04-27.
- Itzkoff, Dave (2009-10-30). "Animated Film Planned of Katrina Book". The New York Times.
- "Rejected Covers: Rachell Sumpter Discusses Designing Penguin Threads Book Cover 'The Wizard Of Oz'". Huffington Post. 2012-04-24.