Rabey Hasani Nadwi
Mohammad Rabey Hasani Nadwi (born 1929), known with his honorific of Maulana, is an Indian Islamic scholar and writer of nearly 30 books in Arabic and Urdu. Rabe Hasani Nadvi is the fourth President of All India Muslim Personal Law Board and honorable Chancellor of Darul-uloom Nadwatul Ulama. He is also serving as the Vice President of the Aalami Rabita Adab-e-Islami, Riyadh (K.S.A.) and a founder member of Rabita Aalam-e-Islami, Makka Mukarrmah. Besides these M. Rabey Hasani Nadvi serves as the President of Majlis-e-Tehqiqat-o-Nashariyat Islam, Lucknow, President of Deeni Taleemi Council, Uttar Pradesh, President of Dare Arafat, Raebareli, Member of Darul Musannifeen, Azamgarh, Trustee of Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies, Oxford University, U.K., Patron of Payam-e-Insaniyat, and Patron of Islamic Fiqh Academy, India.
Rabey Hasani Nadvi
|Born||October 1, 1929|
Early life and educationEdit
M. Rabey Hasani Nadwi was born on October 1, 1929 at Takia Kalan, Raebareli, UP, India in the family of Rasheed Ahmad Hasani. Mohammad Rabey Hasani is nephew of Abul Hasan Ali Nadwi (Rah), also known as (Ali Mian). M. Rabey Hasani Nadwi completed his primary education from his family maktab at Raebareli. Then he joined Darul-uloom Nadwatul Ulama for acquiring higher education in the field of Islamic studies. In 1958, he Passed Fazilat from Darul-uloom Nadwatul Ulama, at Lucknow. M. Rabey Hasani spend year 1957 at Darul Uloom Deoband for one year. He was appointed as assistant teacher at Darul Uloom Nadwatul Ulama after completing his studies in 1949. He remained at Hijaz (K.S.A.) from 1950-1951 for education and Dawah.
In 1952 he was appointed Assistant Professor at Darul Uloom Nadwatul Ulama, Lucknow. He was appointed the Head of Arabic Department at Darul Uloom Nadwatul Ulama in 1955. He was appointed the Dean, Faculty of Arabic of Nadwa in 1970. He was conferred award by Indian Council Uttar Pradesh for his contribution in the field of Arabic language. He was also conferred Presidential Award for his contribution in the field of Arabic language in the same year. In 1993 he was appointed Muhtamim (Vice Chancellor) of Darul Uloom Nadwatul Ulama. In 1999 he was appointed Naib Nazim (Chancellor) of the Nadwa and in 2000, after death of Abul Hasan Ali Nadwi (Rahamatullah Aley); he was elected as Nazim (Rector) of Nadwa. He was unanimously elected as the President of All India Muslim Personal Law Board in June 2002 at Hyderabad after death of earlier President Mujahidul Islam Qasmi(Rah). He has traveled to Japan, Morocco, Malaysia, Egypt, Tunisia, Algeria, Uzbekistan, Turkey, South Africa and many other Arab, European and African countries. He has published 15 books in Arabic and 12 books in Urdu besides having many unpublished works. He is acclaimed for his scholarship.
- Life of Prophet Muhammad
- Indian Muslims: The Great 100
- Gazette, The Milli (27 March 2012). "Tolerance is necessary to maintain world peace: Maulana Rabey Nadwi". Milligazette.com. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- "Islamic Voice". Islamicvoice.com. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- "Loading..." Radianceweekly.com. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- "The Siasat Daily". The Siasat Daily. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- [permanent dead link]
- "Rahul Meets AIMPLB President Maulana Rabey Hasan Nadwi". Daijiworld.com. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- "Madrassas to fight for women's talaq power". Dnaindia.com. 20 February 2012. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- "Bhatkallys.com News, Audio and Video Portal". Bhatkallys.org. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-09-06. Retrieved 2012-04-24.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "All India Muslim Personal Law Board Mumbai: About". Aimplbmumbai.blogspot.com. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- "Syed Mohammad Rabe Hasani Nadvi - Darul Musannefin Shibli Academy". Shibliacademy.org. Retrieved 9 March 2019.