R. A. Foakes
Reginald A. Foakes (18 October 1923 – 22 December 2013 in Stratford Upon Avon) was an English author and Shakespeare scholar. He has published works on Shakespeare and the Romantic poets and edited many of Shakespeare's plays in the Arden and New Cambridge editions. He also helped found the Shakespeare Institute in Stratford-upon-Avon. He was Professor Emeritus in the department of English literature at UCLA. He died at his home in Stratford-upon-Avon.
- Faculty profile Archived 2012-04-15 at the Wayback Machine, UCLA, retrieved 2011-11-05.
- Prof Reginald Foakes, Debrett's, retrieved 2011-11-05.
- Ioppolo, Grace (17 January 2014). "Reg Foakes obituary". The Guardian. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- Professor Reginald Foakes, 1923-2013, University of Birmingham (January 6, 2014)
- "Glittering prizes", Times Higher Education, 7 September 2001.
- Honouring Professor Reg Foakes
- In memory of Reg Foakes
- Imagined Places: A life in the twentieth century (Xlibris, 2005, ISBN 978-1-4134-9914-8), Foakes' autobiography.
- Shakespeare Performed: Essays in Honor of R.A. Foakes (Grace Ioppolo, ed., University of Delaware Press, 2000, ISBN 978-0-87413-732-3)
|This biography of an English academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|