Quinnen Williams (born December 21, 1997) is an American football defensive end for the New York Jets of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at the University of Alabama. He is the younger brother of Jacksonville Jaguars linebacker, Quincy Williams.
Quinnen Williams in 2019
|No. 95 – New York Jets|
|Born:||December 21, 1997|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||305 lb (138 kg)|
|NFL Draft:||2019 / Round: 1 / Pick: 3|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 10, 2019|
|Player stats at PFR|
Williams attended Wenonah High School in Birmingham, Alabama. His mother died of breast cancer in 2010. He was rated as a four-star prospect and the 17th best defensive tackle in the country for the class of 2016 by the 247Sports Composite. Williams originally committed to Auburn University to play college football but changed to the University of Alabama on June 30, 2015.
After redshirting his first year at Alabama in 2016, Williams played in all 14 games as a redshirt freshman in 2017, recording 20 tackles and two sacks. He had two tackles in the 2018 College Football Playoff National Championship victory over Georgia.
Williams was named the starting nose guard prior to Alabama's 2018 season opener against Louisville. He accounted for six total tackles and 3.5 tackles for loss in the game and was named SEC Co-Defensive Line player of the week. In a shutout win against LSU on November 3, Williams had 10 total tackles, 3.5 for loss, and 2.5 sacks, and was named Walter Camp National Defensive Player of the Week and SEC Defensive Player of the Week.
After his redshirt sophomore season, Williams was named a unanimous first-team All-American and first-team All-SEC. He was awarded the Outland Trophy as the nation's best interior lineman. His 20 tackles for loss were tied for second in the SEC, and his eight sacks were tied for fifth in the conference.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad|
|6 ft 3 in
|33 1⁄4 in
|9 5⁄8 in
|4.83 s||30.5 in
|9 ft 4 in|
|All values from NFL Combine|
Williams was drafted by the New York Jets with the third overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft. On July 25, 2019, Williams agreed to a four-year deal with the Jets worth $32.5 million featuring a $21.6 million signing bonus and a fifth year option.
Williams played his first regular season game on September 8, 2019 against the Buffalo Bills, but did not record a stat, and left the game in the third quarter due to an ankle injury. In Week 9 against the Miami Dolphins, Williams recorded his first career sack on Ryan Fitzpatrick in the 26-18 loss.  In Week 10 against the New York Giants, Williams recorded his first career fumble recovery, securing a football lost by Golden Tate on the final play of the game in the Jets' 34-27 victory.
- Talty, John (August 7, 2015). "A-List No. 14: Loss of mother shapes Alabama commit Quinnen Williams". AL.com. Retrieved January 12, 2019.
- "Quinnen Williams, Wenonah Sch, Defensive Tackle". 247Sports.com. Retrieved July 3, 2019.
- Rogers, Ken (June 30, 2015). "Alabama gets commitment from Wenonah defensive lineman Quinnen Williams". Dothan Eagle. Retrieved January 12, 2019.
- Bone, Andrew (June 30, 2015). "Quinnen Williams flips commitment to Alabama". Tuscaloosa News. Retrieved January 12, 2019.
- Paschall, David (August 22, 2018). "Alabama's Quinnen Williams bigger and better than ever". timesfreepress.com. Retrieved January 12, 2018.
- Jones, Ben (August 14, 2018). "Quinnen Williams learned from some of Alabama's best". Tuscaloosa News. Retrieved January 12, 2019.
- Byington, Alex (August 18, 2018). "'Undersized' Williams looming large as Tide's nose guard". Montgomery Advertiser. Retrieved January 12, 2019.
- Casagrande, Michael (August 28, 2018). "2018 Alabama depth chart". AL.com.
- "SEC announces Week 1 Players of the Week". Saturday Down South. Retrieved July 3, 2019.
- Olson, Andrew (November 4, 2018). "Alabam DL Quinnen Williams named National Player of the Week after dominating LSU". Saturday Down South.
- "2018 Southeastern Conference Year Summary". Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved July 3, 2019.
- Conway, Tyler (January 11, 2019). "Quinnen Williams Enters 2019 NFL Draft: 2nd Overall on Matt Miller's Big Board". Bleacher Report. Retrieved January 12, 2019.
- "Quinnen Williams College Stats". Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved May 2, 2019.
- "Quinnen Williams Combine Profile". NFL.com. Retrieved August 19, 2019.
- Sessler, Marc (April 26, 2019). "New York Jets select Quinnen Williams at No. 3 overall". NFL.com.
- "Quinnen Williams fined for late hit on Matt Schaub". NFL. Retrieved August 26, 2019.
- "Dolphins get first win of 2019, top Jets 26-18". www.espn.com. November 3, 2019. Retrieved November 3, 2019.