Quincy Taylor Brown (born June 4, 1991) is an American actor and singer who performs under the mononym Quincy. He starred in the 2015 film Brotherly Love and released a song called "Friends First". He also had a co-starring role on the television musical drama Star. He is the son of former model Kim Porter and singer, songwriter and record producer Al B. Sure!.
Quincy Taylor Brown
June 4, 1991
New York City, U.S.
|Parent(s)||Al B. Sure! (Father)|
Kim Porter (Mother)
Sean Combs (stepfather)
Early life Edit
Quincy was born on his father's Al B Sure birthday and was named after his godfather, music and entertainment icon Quincy Jones, Al B Sure!’s mentor. In 1994, when he was three, his mother began a relationship with Sean "Diddy" Combs, who eventually became an informal step father to Quincy and raised him as his own. The couple had three more children together, a son, Christian, and twin daughters D'Lila and Jessie. For his 16th birthday, Diddy and Porter threw Quincy a celebrity studded party in Atlanta that was featured on MTV's My Super Sweet 16. His family moved around often but he spent most of his youth in Columbus, Georgia and later moved to Los Angeles, California in his final years of high school and completed his education at Calabasas High School.
Quincy made his acting debut as Reggie in the 2012 film We the Party. In addition to being an actor and musician Quincy has embarked into other ventures including modeling and directing. In August 2012, Quincy walked in the Gaborone Fashion Weekend event in Botswana. In January 2015, Quincy played the role of Jaleel in the film Dope.
In June 2015, Quincy made his directorial debut with the music video for singer and actress Elle Winter's song No Words. In 2016, he was cast in a recurring role as Daylon in the television show The Haves and the Have Nots. In February 2016, Quincy appeared in a campaign for the sneaker brand Creative Recreation. On June 23, 2016, Quincy announced that he had signed a record deal with Bad Boy/Epic Records. Also in 2016, he collaborated with the U.K fashion brand BoohooMan for their Autumn/Winter capsule collection and was the face of the campaign  On Valentines Day in 2017, Quincy released his first E.P entitled “This Is For You”. It included songs like Sunshine and I can tell you. In 2018, he starred alongside Kat Graham as Josh in the Netflix original film The Holiday Calendar.
From 2016 to 2019, Quincy was cast in a lead role as Derek Jones on the television series Star. In 2019, Quincy directed and starred in Run Loubi Run, a short film for the fashion house Christian Louboutin’s first ever social media campaign. Also in 2019, Quincy was used by the luxe brand MCM Worldwide to launch its Sleep and Loungewear collection. In 2020, he was part of a fashion campaign for the Coach and Bape collaboration and became the first male celebrity spokesperson for Coach New York watches.
Quincy had a recurring role in the 2021, television drama Power Book III: Raising Kanan. He formerly played a character called Crown Camacho. In July 2021, Quincy was featured in the campaign for Ivy Park and Adidas’s "Flex Park" collection. Also in 2021, he was in the campaign for Montblanc and Masion Kitsuné’s capsule collection and was used by Lacoste for the brands promotion of its L001 sneaker launch. Quincy has appeared in magazines and has been featured in several online publications such as Vogue.com and Forbes.com.
Business ventures Edit
He is the founder of the production company FourXample. He also has a watch line called Chalk by Quincy, a jeans collection with Embellish and a start-up technology company. In 2019, Quincy developed and launched a picture editing app called Fresh Crop.
|2012||We the Party||Reggie|
|2015||Brotherly Love||Chris Collins|
|2018||The Holiday Calendar||Josh|
|2008||My Super Sweet 16||Himself||2 episodes|
|2015||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Trey Peach||Episode: "Hero to Zero"|
|2015||Keeping Up With The Kardashians||Himself||Episode: "Rites Of Passage"|
|2016||The Haves and the Have Nots||Daylon||Recurring role; 3 episodes|
|2016–2019||Star||Derek Jones||Main Cast|
|2017||The Wendy Williams Show||Himself||One episode|
|2018||Wild 'N Out||Himself||Episode: "The Comb Brothers"|
|2019||The Real||Himself||One episode|
|2020||The Eric Andre Show||Himself||Episode: "Is Your Wife Still Depressed ?"|
|2021–22||Power Book III: Raising Kanan||Crown||Recurring role|
Music video appearances Edit
|2010||"All Black Everything"||Soulja Boy||Cameo|
|2015||"Walk Away"||Jasmine V||Love interest|
Extended plays Edit
Guest appearances Edit
- "Here's Why Quincy Told Us 'I Don't Want You to Box Me in. Ever.'". Complex Networks.
- "Look into P Diddy & His Stepson Quincy's Beautiful Relationship". 5 January 2021.
- "WORK! Kim Porter is Spring Cover Girl for Runway Magazine". CocoaFab.
- Ashley Williams (14 April 2015). "Exclusive: Kim Porter Says Son Quincy Gets His Smooth Swag From Diddy & Al B. Sure!". HipHollywood.
- "Diddy Enjoys $75 Million Yacht With Kim Porter In The Caribbean". Headlines411. 5 January 2015.
- blackcelebritykids. "KIM PORTER AND DIDDY THROW "STUNNA 16" FOR QUINCY BROWN - Black Celebrity Kids". Black Celebrity Kids.
- "Gaborone Fashion Weekend Recap Okayafrica". Okayafrica.
- "Chanel Iman, Quincy Brown are 'Dope'". 11 June 2015.
- "Elle Winter "No Words" Music Video Directed By Quincy". mydiveo. Beverly Hills, California: Tiveo, LLC. June 30, 2015. Retrieved November 27, 2018.
- "Sneaker Brand Creative Recreation Taps Music Royalty for New Campaign (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. 5 February 2016.
- "Quincy Signs Deal with Bad Boy, Plan Set for Combs Family '106 & Park' Takeover". 23 June 2016.
- "Diddy's Stepson Quincy Smizes for New Fashion Campaign". 3 October 2016.
- "Behind the Scenes of Christian Louboutin's Quincy Brown-Directed 'Run Loubi Run' Film Short". The Hollywood Reporter. 8 February 2019.
- "MCM Introduces Gender Neutral Lounge & Sleepwear Collection" (Press release).
- "Coach Names Quincy Brown as the Face of New Watch Collection". 3 August 2020.
- "Adidas x IVY PARK Launches "FLEX PARK" Swimwear Capsule". 25 June 2021.
- "Unlock the World of Lacoste's Latest Silhouette, the L001 Sneaker". 15 September 2021.
- "Quincy Brown's Work-From-Home Look is Business Meets Pleasure". July 2020.
- "Planes of the Future, A Sustainable Superyacht, How Quincy Brown Travels and More". Forbes.
- "Have You Met Quincy?". THIRD FLOOR NETWORK.
- Nicky G (10 December 2014). "Sways Universe - Quincy is back with "Friends First" ft. French Montana". swaysuniverse.com.
- "Chalk by Quincy (@chalkbyquincy) • Instagram photos and videos". www.instagram.com. Retrieved 2020-04-09.
- "Fresh Crop App- Quincy Takes Photos Next Level!". 31 July 2019.
- "BET Her".
- "This Is for You - EP by Quincy". Apple Music. 2017-02-14. Retrieved June 24, 2019.
- "Ryan Seacrest - Quincy Combs Releases 'Stay Awhile' Featuring Kendre [VIDEO] -". Ryan Seacrest.
- Chloe Melas. "[VIDEO] Quincy's 'Friends First' Ft. French Montana — Behind The Scenes - Hollywood Life". Hollywood Life.
- "Quincy Releases 'Aye Yo' Remix Video with Special Guest Features from Shaggy and Patoranking". BET.