Quezon Service Cross
The Quezon Service Cross (Filipino: Krus ng Serbisyo ni Quezon) is the highest national recognition of the Republic of the Philippines. It has been awarded to only six Filipinos since its creation in 1946.
|Quezon Service Cross|
The Badge of Quezon Service Cross
|Awarded by the President of the Philippines with the concurrence of the Congress of the Philippines|
|Awarded for||"Exemplary service to the nation in such a manner and such a degree as to add great prestige to the Republic of the Philippines, or as to contribute to the lasting benefit of its people."|
|Motto||SIC FLORET RESPUBLICA|
Thus, the republic flourishes
|Established||October 21, 1946|
|First awarded||April 12, 1951|
|Last awarded||December 3, 2018|
|Next (lower)||Order of Lakandula|
Order of Sikatuna
Philippine Legion of Honor
Ribbon bar of the award
The award was created by Joint Resolution No. 4 dated October 21, 1946 of the 1st Congress of the Philippines. A joint resolution of the Congress of the Philippines has the force of law. The Quezon Service Cross is a decoration conferred by the President of the Philippines with the concurrence of the Congress of the Philippines on Filipino citizens for "exemplary service to the nation in such a manner and such a degree as to add great prestige to the Republic of the Philippines, or as to contribute to the lasting benefit of its people".
Nominations for the Quezon Service Cross need to state the services meriting the award and are made only in cases where the service performed or contribution made can be measured on the scale established by what the joint resolution terms "the benefaction" of the late President Manuel L. Quezon, after whom the decoration is named.
The Quezon Service Cross was proposed by President Manuel Roxas. It is also referred to as the Congressional Quezon Service Cross, as conferment requires the approval of the Congress of the Philippines and is seldom awarded.
- Secretary of Foreign Affairs Carlos P. Romulo, April 12, 1951
- President Emilio Aguinaldo, June 12, 1956
- President Ramon Magsaysay, July 4, 1957 (posthumous)
- Senator Benigno Aquino Jr., August 21, 2004 (posthumous)
- Secretary of the Interior and Local Government Jesse Robredo, November 26, 2012 (posthumous)
- Senator Miriam Defensor Santiago, December 3, 2018 (posthumous)
- Quezon Service Cross, Official Gazette (Philippines), retrieved 2012-08-18
- "Joint Resolution No. 4". gov.ph. Official Gazette. Retrieved 11 November 2015.
- "Executive Order No. 236, s. 2003". 2003-09-19. Retrieved November 11, 2015.
- "'Ninoy' posthumously conferred the Quezon Service Cross". Office of the President. 2004-08-21. Retrieved 2009-04-27.
- "Robredo to receive highest PHL award 100 days after death". GMA News and Public Affairs. November 24, 2012. Retrieved November 25, 2012.
- "Speech of President Aquino during the conferment of the Quezon Service Cross on Jesse Robredo, November 26, 2012". Official Gazette. Office of the President of the Philippines. Retrieved 2 June 2013.
- "Miriam Defensor Santiago becomes 6th recipient of PH's highest civil service award". ABS CBN News. December 3, 2018. Retrieved December 3, 2018.