Querétaro Intercontinental Airport
Querétaro Intercontinental Airport (Spanish: Aeropuerto Intercontinental de Querétaro, IATA: QRO, ICAO: MMQT) is an international airport located in the municipalities of Colón and El Marqués, Querétaro, Mexico. It handles the national and international air traffic of the city of Querétaro and can also be used as an alternate airport to Mexico City International Airport.
Querétaro Intercontinental Airport
Aeropuerto Intercontinental de Querétaro
|Operator||Gobierno del Estado|
|Serves||Querétaro, Querétaro, Mexico|
|Location||Colón and El Marqués|
|Opened||November 28, 2004|
|Elevation AMSL||6,290 ft / 1,969 m|
Source: Dirección General de Aeronáutica Civil
It replaced the Ing. Fernando Espinoza Gutiérrez International Airport, which is no longer operational, in 2004.
The headquarters of regional airline TAR is located here. On 31 August 2012, Aeroméxico announced that it will be building a maintenance base at Querétaro International Airport, and the construction for the new terminal will start shortly.
It's one of the fastest growing airports in the country, handling 1,024,023 passengers in 2018, an increase of 26.86% from previous year.
Airlines and destinationsEdit
|Aeroméxico Connect|| Detroit, Mexico City, Monterrey |
Seasonal: Tijuana (begins December 18, 2019)
|American Eagle||Dallas/Fort Worth|
|TAR Aerolineas||Acapulco, Chihuahua, Ciudad Juárez, Durango, Guadalajara, Huatulco, Hermosillo, Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo, Mazatlán, Mérida, Monterrey, Oaxaca, Puerto Escondido, Puerto Vallarta, San Luis Potosí, Tampico, Torreón/Gómez Palacio, Veracruz|
|Volaris||Cancún, Chicago-O'Hare, Chihuahua, Guadalajara, Puerto Vallarta, Tijuana|
|DHL Aviation||Cincinnati, Guadalajara|
|Regional Cargo||Cancún, Chihuahua, Ciudad Juárez, Guadalajara, Hermosillo, La Paz, Mérida, Mexico City, Monterrey, Puebla, Tijuana, Villahermosa|
|Senator International operated by Air Atlanta Icelandic||Greenville, continues to Frankfurt-Hahn|
Ground transportation informationEdit
- Taxi: Travelers wishing to take a taxi or van to Querétaro (around US$25) and other cities can take the Airport taxi. Some travelers have arranged for a ride beforehand with one of the many shuttle services listed on San Miguel de Allende and Guanajuato tourist websites. Average price about $30 to 40 per person.
- Car Rentals: Hertz and Budget have rental counters at the airport.
- Intercity Bus: Cheaper method to travel to other cities will be Autobus. Primera Plus (http://www.primeraplus.com.mx) used to have a ticket counter at the airport, which has been closed for a while. Airport taxi from the Airport to Querétaro Centro (central bus station) is about $20. From Centro, travelers can take another bus to any part of Mexico.
Regional Cargo has its headquarters on the airport property and in Colón. Universidad Nacional Aeronáutica en Querétaro has a facility on the grounds of the airport. On 31 August 2012, Aeromexico and Delta Air Lines announced that they will be building a maintenance base at Querétaro International airport.
|1||Nuevo León, Monterrey||146,527||Aeroméxico Connect, TAR, Viva Aerobus|
|2||Distrito Federal (México), Mexico City||59,960||Aeroméxico Connect|
|3||Quintana Roo, Cancún||59,123||Magni, Viva Aerobus, Volaris|
|4||Baja California, Tijuana||23,910||Volaris|
|1||United States, Houston||64,650||United Express|
|2||United States, Dallas||39,846||American Eagle|
|3||United States, Atlanta||24,528||2||Aeroméxico Connect|
|4||United States, Chicago||10,985||1||Volaris|
|5||United States, Detroit||2,623||Aeroméxico Connect|
|6||United States, Los Angeles||741||2||Volaris|
|7||United States, San Antonio||51|
|8||United States, Corpus Christi||47|
- "Instalaciones". AIQ.com.mx (in Spanish). Aeropuerto Intercontinental de Querétaro. Retrieved 19 May 2018.
Coordenadas 20°37’2.5485”N y 100°11’8.4133”W
- "Estadística Operacional de Aeropuertos / Statistics by Airport". Retrieved 17 March 2019.
- Mexico. "TAR Aerolineas". LinkedIn. Retrieved 26 April 2014.
- "Tijuana has new plane routes in December" (in Spanish). San Diego Red. August 2019. Retrieved 23 August 2019.
- "Traffic Statistics by Airline" (in Spanish). Secretaría de Comunicaciones y Transportes. January 2019. Retrieved 7 May 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Querétaro International Airport.|
- Official website (in Spanish)
- Airport information for MMQT at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- Accident history for QRO at Aviation Safety Network
|This article about a Mexican airport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|