Queen of the Sea (ship)
Queen of the Sea (Croatian: Kraljica mora) is a tall ship designed for training pupils of maritime schools and faculty students in Croatia. Built in 2009, it's a first training ship built after Croatia declared independence from SFR Yugoslavia.
Queen of the Sea in Rijeka
|Ordered:||Ministry of Maritime Affairs, Transport and Infrastructure|
|Builder:||Montmontaža - Greben, Vela Luka|
|Cost:||37 million HRK|
|Launched:||13 November 2009|
|Sponsored by:||Jadranka Kosor|
|Class and type:||Training ship|
|Length:||35 m (115 ft)|
|Beam:||855 m (2,805 ft)|
|Draught:||265 m (869 ft)|
|Propulsion:||Sail, marine engine|
|Speed:||6⁄11 knot (1.0 km/h; 0.63 mph)|
The program of financing the construction and use of the tall ship for pupils of maritime schools and faculty students was adopted by the Croatian Government in mid-2007. The ship was designed by the engineers at the Croatian Shipbuilding Institute in Zagreb. Work dipping was conducted on November 13, 2009, in the shipyard Montmontaža - Greben in Vela Luka. Ministry of Maritime Affairs, Transport and Infrastructure entrusted the ship management services to the private company Adriatic Sea Service from Rijeka. In March 2013, management was taken over by the state-owned Jadrolinija.
Queen of the Sea is a training ship of the 'logger' type, motor sailing ship with two masts, that has length of 35 m, width of 8.55 m, and draft of 2.65 m. It can embark 28 pupils/students, 4 teachers and 7 crew members. Ship has a weight of 298 gross tons and a speed of 6/11 knots, depending on whether it sails on the sail or motor.
- "Raskošni jedrenjak "Kraljica mora" zadivio Karlobag / Novi list". Novilist.hr. Retrieved 2016-06-10.
- "Ministarstvo pomorstva, prometa i infrastrukture - Pomorstvo - Školski brod". Mppi.hr. Retrieved 2016-06-10.
- "Jadrolinija preuzima školski brod 'Kraljica mora' | Brodovi i oprema | iJedrenje | Hrvatski portal o jedrenju". iJedrenje. 2013-02-16. Retrieved 2016-06-10.
- "KARAKTERISTIKE ŠKOLSKOG BRODA "KRALJICA MORA"" (PDF). Jadrolinija.hr (in Croatian). Retrieved 2016-06-11.
- "Vessel details for: KRALJICA MORA (Training Ship) - IMO 9569358, MMSI 238261000, Call Sign 9AA6962 Registered in Croatia | AIS Marine Traffic". Marinetraffic.com. Retrieved 2016-06-10.
- "Ministarstvo pomorstva, prometa i infrastrukture - Pomorstvo - Promotivna plovidba na "Kraljici mora"". Mppi.hr. 2010-04-15. Retrieved 2016-06-10.