Queen of Peace High School (Illinois)
Queen of Peace High School was a Roman Catholic high school for girls located in Burbank, Illinois. It is located in the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Chicago, adjacent to its brother school, St. Laurence High School.
|Queen of Peace High School|
7659 South Linder Avenue
|Type||Private, Day, College-prep|
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Founder||Sinsinawa Dominican Sisters|
|Closed||30 June 2017|
|Sister school||St. Laurence High School|
|Oversight||Archdiocese of Chicago|
|Average class size||26|
|Student to teacher ratio||15:1|
|Color(s)||Green, White and Black|
|Athletics conference||Girls Catholic Athletic Association|
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools|
|Publication||Mosaic (Literary Magazine)|
Queen of Peace was established in 1962 by the Sinsinawa Dominican Sisters. It used St. Laurence High School for the 1962-63 school year due to construction delays, and began classes in its own newly built facility in September 1963. The school closed on 30 June 2017 due to an extended enrollment decline and financial shortfalls.
- NCA-CASI. "NCA-Council on Accreditation and School Improvement". Archived from the original on April 29, 2009. Retrieved 2009-07-28.
- QOPHS. "Historical Highlights of Queen of Peace". Retrieved 2007-05-11.
- Swanson, Lorraine (24 January 2017). "Queen of Peace High School Announces Closing After 55 Years". Oak Lawn, IL Patch. Retrieved 27 April 2018.
- Podesta, Laura (25 January 2017). "Queen of Peace High School in Burbank closing at end of semester". ABC7 Chicago. Retrieved 27 April 2018.
- "Queen of Peace High School in Burbank to close due to declining enrollment". Daily Southtown. 25 January 2017. Retrieved 27 April 2018.