Quarry Hill, Victoria
Queens Arms Hotel
|Population||2,339 (2016 census)|
|Location||3 km (2 mi) S of Bendigo|
|LGA(s)||City of Greater Bendigo|
|State electorate(s)||Bendigo East|
According to the Victorian Places web site
The area was first known as Charcoal Gully, where an Anglican school was opened in 1857. In 1873 it was replaced with a State school known as Sandhurst East, a name which lasted until 1908 when it was named Quarry Hill.
The locality is generally hilly and hardly disfigured by mine or quarry workings. In fact, the hills serve as a visual backdrop to several fine Victorian and Edwardian houses, the most notable of which is The Eyrie (1874) at 18 Reginald Street. A short distance to the south is the Bendigo Cemetery (1858). Both The Eyrie and the cemetery are on the Victorian Heritage Register, including the cemetery's chapel and funerary oven.
Another house is Edelweiss in Hamlet Street. It was built in 1890 for Sir John Quick, constitutional lawyer and Bendigo parliamentarian. In retirement Quick served on the committees of the Bendigo art gallery and mechanics' institute, wrote pioneering bibliographical studies and was instrumental in founding the Quarry Hill golf club.
Quarry Hill Community Hall is in Hamlet Street, Quarry Hill.
Quarry Hill Recreation Reserve - download the map of the reserve 
St. Joseph's Catholic Primary School is in Gladstone Street, Quarry Hill, in the parish of St. Joseph, Quarry Hill. Archbishop Carr laid the foundation stone on August 29th, 1906. The school opened for classes on April 30th, 1907. Children attend from the suburbs of Quarry Hill and Spring Gully, as well as the outer suburbs such as White Hills and Epsom.
Quarry Hill Primary School in Peel Syreet opened in 2010. Quarry HIll Golf Club is at 47-85 Houston St, Quarry Hill.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Quarry Hill, Victoria.|
- "2016 Census QuickStats Quarry Hill". Australian Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- Victorian Places, url=http://www.victorianplaces.com.au/quarry-hill, retrieved 7 May 2017.
- Quarry Hill Community Hall, City of Greater Bendigo, url= https://www.bendigo.vic.gov.au/Things-To-Do/hall/quarry-hill-community-hall, retrieved 6 May 2017.
- St. Joseph's Catholic Primary School, url=http://www.sjquarryhill.catholic.edu.au/, retrieved 6 May 2017.
- Quarry Hill Golf Club Inc.. url=http://quarryhillgolfclub.com/, retrieved 6 May 2017.