Qingdao Liuting International Airport (IATA: TAO, ICAO: ZSQD) was the main airport serving the city of Qingdao in Shandong Province, China. It was about 31 km (19 mi) from the city center and served as a hub for Shandong Airlines, Beijing Capital Airlines and Qingdao Airlines as well as a focus city for China Eastern Airlines. A replacement airport, Qingdao Jiaodong International Airport, opened on 12 August 2021.
Qingdao Liuting International Airport
|Operator||Qingdao International Airport Group Co., Ltd.|
|Location||Chengyang District, Qingdao|
|Elevation AMSL||10 m / 33 ft|
|Qingdao Liuting International Airport|
From 2004 to 2006, the airport underwent an expansion of its terminal as well as adding more parking spaces which was part of its initial 2010 goal to expand Liuting Airport to handle 5.2 million passengers annually or 2400 passengers and almost 120,000 tons of cargo hourly. The runway was also extended to its current length. Its IATA code is used for its former romanized name Tsingtao.
In 2018, Qingdao Liuting was the 15th busiest airport in China with 24.53 million passengers. Due to its lack of room to expand as it is being surrounded by the city, in December 2013, the Chinese government approved the construction of Qingdao Jiaodong International Airport. All flights were transferred to Jiaodong Airport when it opened on August 12, 2021.
Qingdao did not have a non-stop intercontinental air link until 29 March 2016, when Lufthansa's existing service to Frankfurt, Germany via Shenyang was upgraded to a non-stop flight to Frankfurt. Later in the year, Beijing Capital Airlines introduced service to Melbourne, Australia and Vancouver, Canada in early 2017.
Former airlines and destinationsEdit
|China Southern Airlines Cargo||Los Angeles|
The airport is about 31 kilometres (19 mi) north of the city, and connected by taxis, three airport shuttle bus lines (701路, 702路, 703路), two tourism bus lines (Huangdao Special Line, Jiaonan Special Line), and intercity buses to neighboring cities.
- "青岛胶东国际机场正式转场运营". 12 August 2021.
- 2018年民航机场生产统计公报 (in Chinese). Civil Aviation Administration of China. 5 March 2019. Retrieved 12 March 2019.
- "Qingdao opens direct flight route to Europe".
- "Capital Airlines to Launch Qingdao-Melbourne Route".
- "China's Capital Airlines today launches first Vancouver flight".
- "Air Macau expands Beijing; adds Qingdao route in Aug 2018".
- Liu, Jim. "ANA S20 International service changes as of 10FEB20". Routesonline. Retrieved 11 February 2020.
- Liu, Jim. "Beijing Capital Airlines outlines Beijing Daxing domestic network in W19". Routesonline. Retrieved 24 September 2019.
- "Beijing Capital adds Qingdao – Jeju service from Feb 2019". routesonline. Retrieved 31 January 2019.
- "Beijing Capital Airlines adds Qingdao – Okinawa from late-March 2020".
- Liu, Jim. "China Eastern outlines Beijing Daxing network from late-Oct 2019". Routesonline. Retrieved 24 September 2019.
- "China Eastern schedules Qingdao – Dubai late-June 2019 launch".
- "China Eastern schedules Qingdao – Paris June 2019 launch". Routesonline.com. 13 April 2019. Retrieved 13 April 2019.
- "China Eastern adds new Tokyo Narita routes in 1Q20". RoutesOnline. 10 November 2019. Retrieved 10 November 2019.
- 新航季 · 新航线 ① | 东航云南始发新航线即将开启！快来Pick你心仪的目的地！
- "Juneyao Airlines adds Qingdao – Osaka service from late-March 2019". routesonline. Retrieved 26 February 2019.
- "3月31日起昆明航空将开通"昆明-版纳-浦东"新航线". CAACnews. Retrieved 16 July 2019.
- "瑞丽航空夏秋换季九线新开，票价低至200元". Mp.weixin.qq.com. 21 February 2022. Retrieved 17 April 2022.
- "Shandong Airlines plans Nagoya service launch in S19". routesonline. Retrieved 11 March 2019.
- Liu, Jim. "Shandong Airlines adds Qingdao – Sapporo service from late-Nov 2019". Routesonline. Retrieved 30 September 2019.
- Direct flight links Qingdao, Vietnam's Nha Trang
- "Xiamen Airlines W19 Japan service changes | Routes". Routesonline.com. Retrieved 17 April 2022.
- "ANA to add more cargo flights through Naha".
- "Qingdao Liuting Airport Transportation: Shuttle and Inter-city Buses". www.travelchinaguide.com. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "线路导航 青岛地铁".
Media related to Qingdao Liuting International Airport at Wikimedia Commons