Qin Kai (diver)
Qin Kai (simplified Chinese: 秦凯; traditional Chinese: 秦凱; pinyin: Qín Kǎi; born January 31, 1986) is a Chinese athlete who competes in diving. He competed for Team China at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, and the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio.
Qin at the 2008 Summer Olympics
|Born||January 31, 1986|
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Weight||64 kg (141 lb)|
|Event(s)||3 m, 3 m synchro|
At the 2001 World Junior Championships, he won the gold on the 3m Springboard and the silver medal on the Platform. At the 2006 National Championships, he won the silver medal on the springboard. At the 2006 World Cup, he won the gold on the 3m springboard. At the 2007 World Championships, he won the gold on the springboard and in the synchro springboard. At the 2008 World Cup, he won the gold in the 3m Synchro Springboard.
He is the 2008 Olympic Champion on the 3m Synchronized Springboard with Wang Feng and won bronze in the Men's 3m Springboard.
At the 2012 Summer Olympics, he again competed in the men's 3 m synchronised springboard and the men's individual 3 m springboard. He retained his synchronised springboard title, this time with Luo Yutong, and won the silver medal in the individual event.
Qin Kai proposed to fellow diver and girlfriend of 6 years He Zi, right after she won silver in the women's 3m individual springboard at the Rio Olympics. They married in June 2017, and their daughter was born in October 2017.
In 2011, Qin was named Top Ten Athlete of Shanxi province. In 2012, he was awarded the May 1st Labour Medal in the People's Republic of China.
- "Qin Kai". Chinese Olympic Committee.
- "Qin Kai Bio, Stats, and Results". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved 2016-01-29.
- Associated Press (18 July 2009). "Qin, Wang top U.S. team for title". ESPN.
- Reuters (17 July 2009). "China's Qin takes one-meter springboard gold in Rome". BC Local News.
- "Chinese winning machine adds two more golds in Barcelona". Reuters. 23 July 2013.
- "Qin Kai/Cao Yuan snatch sixth gold for China diving at Kazan worlds". Xinhuanet. 29 July 2015.
- "Qin Kai, Cao Yuan claim bronze in men synchronized 3m springboard diving". CRIEnglish. 11 August 2016.
- "Kai Qin". Fina.
- The beautiful moment unsuspecting swimmer gets proposed to - minutes after winning medal
- "China's Olympic champion diver He Zi retires". China.org.cn. July 25, 2017.
- "秦凯何姿女儿6个月能做平板支撑 周继红带她试水". Sina. April 28, 2018.