Pyhäntä is a municipality of Finland. It is located in the Northern Ostrobothnia region. The municipality has a population of 1,574 (31 July 2020) and covers an area of 847.48 square kilometres (327.21 sq mi) of which 36.72 km2 (14.18 sq mi) is water. The population density is 1.94 inhabitants per square kilometre (5.0/sq mi). Neighbouring municipalities are Kajaani, Kiuruvesi, Kärsämäki, Pyhäjärvi, Siikalatva, and Vieremä. The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
Location of Pyhäntä in Finland
|• Municipal manager||Jouko Nissinen|
|• Total||847.48 km2 (327.21 sq mi)|
|• Land||810.76 km2 (313.04 sq mi)|
|• Water||36.72 km2 (14.18 sq mi)|
|Area rank||96th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||281st largest in Finland|
|• Density||1.94/km2 (5.0/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||99.8% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||22%|
|• 15 to 64||62.8%|
|• 65 or older||15.2%|
|Time zone||UTC+02:00 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+03:00 (EEST)|
|Municipal tax rate||19.75%|
There are several conservation areas located in the municipality. About 60% of the area is covered by swamps. Surface variation is larger compared to typical flat landscape in Ostrobothnia. One of the biggest lakes in the region is Iso Lamujärvi.
Ahokylä, Ojalankylä, Lamujoki, Tavastkenkä, and Viitamäki.
- "Area of Finnish Municipalities 1.1.2018" (PDF). National Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Suomen virallinen tilasto (SVT): Väestön ennakkotilasto [verkkojulkaisu]. Heinäkuu 2020" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 13 September 2020.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
Media related to Pyhäntä at Wikimedia Commons
- Municipality of Pyhäntä – Official website (in Finnish)
|This Oulu Province location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|