Purificación "Purita" Campos Sánchez (August 18, 1937 – November 19, 2019) was a Spanish cartoonist, illustrator and painter.
Campos in 2010
August 18, 1937
|Died||November 19, 2019|
Campos was born in Barcelona in 1937. She trained in fine arts at the Lonja de Barcelona and she also trained as an actress, at the Theater Institute. She worked for the Bruguera publishing house with the character of Lily. Campos began working in 1971 for English magazines, specifically those by Philip Douglas. From the 1970s onwards, her long-running comics, included Patty's World (Esther y su mundo in Spanish) and in 1974 she was the creator of Tina's character in Princess Tina magazine for the Oberon publishing house, which were published in Spain, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, and Germany. She was among the bestselling and most successful Spanish comics artists. Campos was awarded the Haxtur Prize in 2004, the Medal of Merit of Fine Arts in 2009 and the Grand Prix of the Barcelona Comic Book Fair 2013. When not working on art for comics Campos and her husband ran a school and workshop to train aspiring artists. Campos died in Madrid in 2019.
- Roach, David (2017). Masters Of Spanish Comic Book Art. Dynamite Entertainment. pp. 20–. ISBN 978-1-5241-0134-3.
- "Purita Campos". Lambiek Comiclopedia. 21 February 2016. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- Pons, Álvaro (2019-11-20). "Muere a los 82 años Purita Campos, la dibujante de 'Esther y su mundo'". EL PAÍS (in Spanish). Retrieved 2019-11-21.
- generico# (2019-11-21). "Muere Purita Campos, la creadora de "Esther y su mundo", a los 82 años". La Vanguardia (in Spanish). Retrieved 2019-11-21.
- "Muere Purita Campos, la dibujante de la legendaria 'Esther y su mundo' - Cultura". ELMUNDO (in Spanish). 2019-11-20. Retrieved 2019-11-21.
- "Purificación Campos Sánchez". Ficha de autor en Tebeosfera (in Spanish). 2019-11-20. Retrieved 2019-11-21.
|This article about a Spanish artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This profile of a comics artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|