A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (April 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
PureWow is an American digital media company that publishes women's lifestyle content. Acquired by serial entrepreneur Gary Vaynerchuk in 2017 as part of The Gallery, PureWow tailors lifestyle topics for Millennials and Generation X, including fashion, beauty, home decor, recipes, entertainment, travel, technology, literature, and money.
PureWow was founded by Ryan Harwood in September 2010, along with Bob Pittman's Pilot Group and the women of wowOwow Joni Evans, Mary Wells Lawrence, Whoopi Goldberg, Liz Smith, Candice Bergen, and Lesley Stahl, among others. In January 2013, PureWow hired former Real Simple editor Mary Kate McGrath as its first editor-in-chief. In August 2014, PureWow was listed as no. 352 on Inc. Magazine's 2014 list of the top 500 fastest-growing privately owned companies. In May 2015, PureWow raised $2.5 million.
In 2017, serial entrepreneur Gary Vaynerchuk and Miami Dolphins' owner Stephen Ross' venture firm, RSE Ventures, acquired PureWow to form The Gallery as a creative agency and media firm. PureWow's CEO serves as The Gallery's chief executive.
PureWow publishes national content as well as local content for New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Dallas, and the Hamptons. The company publishes content across fashion, beauty, homecare topics, technology, entertainment, books and finances. PureWow articles are distributed via its website PureWow.com, email, and over social media channels.
PureWow's executives have appeared on Fox News, Good Day New York, Today Show, New York Live, and Bloomberg TV. Forbes magazine highlighted PureWow's audience growth in an interview with PureWow CEO Ryan Harwood. The company's growth to four million readers earned PureWow features in Fortune's Brainstorm Tech Startup Idol, one of Paradigm Next's Featured Fridays, and Crain's New York Business.
- "America's Most Promising Companies". Forbes. January 2014.
- "Everything You Know About Marketing To Women Is Wrong". Inc. July 2013.
- "Gary Vaynerchuk Acquires Women's Publisher PureWow". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 8 March 2017.
- "PureWow's audience of a million ladies think they love wine, but they really love tech". Pando.com. October 2012.
- "The 2014 Inc. 5000". www.inc.com. The Editors of Inc. Retrieved 11 September 2014.
- Sluis, Sarah. "Deals By The Dozen: Recapping The Hot Year In Publisher M&A". AdExchanger.com. AdExchanger. Retrieved 11 January 2016.
- "Gary Vaynerchuk Acquires PureWow, Launches The Gallery". AdWeek. Retrieved 8 March 2017.
- "Making Money Fun Again". Wall Street Journal. October 2013.
- "The 100 Best Websites for Women 2013". Forbes. December 2013.
- "PureWow Figures Out Women". Fox News. November 2014.
- "Thing To Look Forward To In 2015". Good Day New York. January 2015.
- "Fashion Fixes". Today Show. February 2015.
- "New Ways To Wear The Denim Skirt". NBC New York. September 2014.
- "Is Native Advertising The New Normal?". Bloomberg Business. October 2014.
- "PureWow Dazzles with Sponsored Content, Grows Readership to 4 Million". Forbes. October 2014.
- "Brainstorm Tech Startup Idol: And this year's winner is..." Fortune. July 2014.
- "Are you resilient enough to start your own business?". Fortune. April 2015.
- "Featured Fridays: PureWow". Paradigm Next. June 2015.
- "Women's Lifestyle site's carefree embrace of sponsored content pays off". Crain's New York Business. May 2015.