Pumpkin Patch (retailer)
This article contains content that is written like advertisement with important information left out. (January 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||1990; 30 years ago|
|Australia & New Zealand|
|Products||Kids & Baby Clothing|
Founded in New Zealand in 1990 as a mail order catalogue by Sally Synott, Pumpkin Patch quickly grew to become a highly popular brand. At its peak, the company was valued at over $NZ830 million and employed over 2,000 people. It operated over 180 stores across Australia and New Zealand, as well as in Asia, Ireland, the Middle East, South Africa, the United Kingdom and the United States.
During its first period of success, Pumpkin Patch received several consumer awards and commendations. In 2015, they were voted by Australian shoppers as providing the best customer service in their category of clothing and sport stores. The company rated the highest in the survey for customer satisfaction at 92%. The firm also received a Highly Recommended in the Essential Baby Awards 2015 in the "best maternity and babywear clothing brand" category.
Pumpkin Patch had a long-term partnership with charity organisation Cure Kids and raised over $NZD600,000 since the partnership began in 2006 to help save, improve and extend the lives of thousands of young children with life-threatening illnesses.
In 2014, the firm began to experience declining revenues and margin compression due to competition. Pumpkin Patch was acquired by Catch Group in 2017 and launched as an online store in Australia and New Zealand. In 2018 the company was bought by Alceon Group, a leading investor in retail businesses that oversees one of Australia's largest retail portfolios. Pumpkin Patch is currently available through EziBuy, one of the largest fashion and homeware multi-channel stores in Australasia, both online and in physical stores, with plans for a full re-launch in 2019.
- McCauley, Dana (December 1, 2016). "How Pumpkin Patch went from boom to bust in less than a decade". news.com.au. Retrieved November 13, 2018.
- Feek, Belinda (April 30, 2015). "Pumpkin Patch rates top on Australian shopper survey". NZ Herald. Retrieved October 1, 2015.
- "Essential Baby Awards 2015". essentialbaby.com.au. Essential Baby. Retrieved 3 November 2015.
- "Our charity". Pumpkin Patch. Retrieved October 1, 2015.
- "Catch Group to relaunch Pumpkin Patch after buying IP". Australian Financial Review. March 23, 2017. Retrieved December 7, 2017.
- "Investment firm to relaunch Pumpkin Patch in New Zealand IP". The National Business Review. October 25, 2018. Retrieved November 13, 2018.