Providence Health Care (Vancouver)
A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (November 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||How you want to be treated|
|Formation||April 1, 1997|
|Chair: Eric Harris|
|Providence Health Care Society|
|Affiliations||Vancouver Coastal Health|
|$833 Million (2012-13)|
|6,000 staff, 1,000 medical staff/physicians, 200 researchers|
Providence Health Care was formed through the consolidation of CHARA Health Care Society, Holy Family Hospital and St. Paul's Hospital on April 1, 1997. Providence Health Care became a single legal entity on March 31, 2000. The president of Providence sits on the executive team of Vancouver Coastal Health.
It is a denominational affiliate of Vancouver Coastal Health and partners with the Provincial Health Services Authority and the University of British Columbia to provide services to residents of the Vancouver Coastal region and specialty services to residents across British Columbia. In October 2008, Providence Health Care was named one of BC's Top Employers by Mediacorp Canada Inc., which was announced by The Vancouver Sun, The Province and the Victoria Times-Colonist.
Facilities and operationsEdit
- St. Paul's Hospital, an acute care, academic and research hospital with over 500 acute care beds located in downtown Vancouver.
- Mount Saint Joseph Hospital, a community hospital with 140 acute care and 100 extended care beds
- St. Vincent's Hospitals (Brock Fahrni, Langara and Heather pavilions), facilities in Vancouver being redeveloped into a campus of care for seniors
- Holy Family Hospital, a provincial referral centre providing rehabilitation and residential care. Located in South Vancouver, offers 76 inpatient beds, a range of outpatient rehab services and 142 residential care beds.
- Youville Residence, a multi-level care facility that is home to 84 residents
- St John Hospice, 12-bed facility for the care of the terminally ill. It opened in December 2005 as the first hospice on Vancouver's Westside.
- "Mission, Vision, and Values". About Providence Health Care. Providence Health Care. Retrieved 19 March 2018.
- "Reasons for Selection, 2009 BC's Top Employers competition".