The Prospect Highway is an 11.5-kilometre (7.1 mi) secondary urban road located in the western suburbs of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. The highway provides a free alternative link from the tolled M2 Hills and the Westlink M7 motorways in the northeast to the M4 Western Motorway in the southwest and further south.
|Length||11.5 km (7.1 mi)|
|Route number(s)||No shield|
|State Route 63|
|NE end|| M2 Hills Motorway|
|SW end||Widemere Road|
|Major suburbs||Seven Hills, Prospect|
The highway takes its name from the suburb Prospect, which it links to Baulkham Hills via Seven Hills. Like many highways in the Sydney area, it was formed by linking a series of local roads, including Abbott Road, Seven Hills Road, Wall Park Avenue, and Blacktown Road.
In 2015 the NSW Government Roads & Maritime Services commenced planning an upgrade of a 3.6-kilometre (2.2 mi) section of the highway between Reservoir Road in Prospect to St Martins Crescent in Blacktown.
Exits and interchangesEdit
|The Hills||Baulkham Hills||0.0||0.0||M2 Hills Motorway (M2) – Macquarie Park, Lane Cove, Sydney CBD, Sydney Airport||North-eastern terminus; south-eastbound entrance to and north-westbound exit from the M2 Hills Motorway|
|0.0||0.0||Prospect Highway / Abbott Road – Seven Hills|
|0.5||0.31||Old Windsor Road (A40) – Windsor, Parramatta|
|Seven Hills||2.0||1.2||Seven Hills Road – Bella Vista||North-eastbound entrance only|
|2.0||1.2||Johnson Avenue – Kings Langley||North-eastbound entrance and exit only|
|2.0||1.2||Prospect Highway / Seven Hills Road – Seven Hills||Continues south-westbound as the Prospect Highway|
|2.0||1.2||Station Road – Toongabbie||South-westbound entrance only|
|3.5||2.2||Prospect Highway / Wall Park Avenue – Blacktown||Continues west as the Prospect Highway|
|Blacktown||Blacktown||4.6||2.9||Prospect Highway / Blacktown Road – Prospect||Continues south as the Prospect Highway|
|4.6||2.9||Blacktown Road – Blacktown||North-westbound exit|
|5.0||3.1||Bungarribee Road – Blacktown, Doonside|
Leabons Lane – Toongabbie
|6.5||4.0||Blacktown Road – Toongabbie||South-eastbound exit|
|6.5||4.0||Prospect Highway – Prospect||Continues south as the Prospect Highway|
|Prospect||7.6||4.7||Great Western Highway (A44) – Wentworthville, Rooty Hill|
|8.0||5.0||M4 Western Motorway (M4) – Eastern Creek, Penrith, Sydney CBD, Sydney Airport|
|8.5||5.3||Reservoir Road – Prospect Reservoir|
|Cumberland||Pemulwuy||11.5||7.1||Widemere Road – Wetherill Park||Southern terminus; continues as the Widemere Road|
- Prospect Hill, a prominent hill located near the highway
- "Sydney Orbital Network & Prospect Highway & Abbott Road & Westlink M7, New South Wales to Prospect Highway, Pemulwuy NSW 2145". Google Maps. Google Inc. 2016. Retrieved 25 October 2016.
- "Map of Prospect Highway, NSW". Bonzle Digital Atlas of Australia. Retrieved 23 October 2016.
- "Map of Blacktown Road, NSW". Bonzle Digital Atlas of Australia. Retrieved 23 October 2016.
- "Prospect Highway upgrade". Roads & Maritime Services. Government of New South Wales. Retrieved 25 October 2016.
- "Detailed design contract awarded for Prospect Highway upgrade". Roads & Maritime Services. Government of New South Wales. 4 May 2015. Retrieved 25 October 2016.
- Oxford, Jessica (20 April 2016). "Call to upgrade Blacktown bottlenecks and end traffic chaos". Blacktown Advocate. Retrieved 25 October 2016.