Pro-Football-Reference.com is a website providing a variety of statistics for American football. It is one of the few sites that provides information on both active and retired players. The site provides statistics for teams dating back to the pre-Super Bowl days. It has statistics for quarterbacks, running backs, receivers, kickers, returners, and punters, as well as some defensive statistics, and Pro Bowl rosters. It also has each team's game-by-game results.
|Alexa rank||15,947 (March 13, 2017[update])|
|Launched||January 3, 2003|
The website is maintained by Sports Reference and Fantasy Sports Ventures maintains a minority stake in the organization. The website has been used as a reliable source of information by publishers such as Bloomberg Businessweek, Forbes the New York Times, and ESPN.
- "Pro-football-reference.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2017-03-13.
- "Domain Availability - Registry Information". WHOIS. GoDaddy. Retrieved June 29, 2011.
- Kramer, Staci D. (February 17, 2009). "Fantasy Sports Ventures Takes Minority Stake In Sports Reference LLC". CBS News. Retrieved August 27, 2013.
- Voris, Bob Van (December 23, 2011). "NFL Sued by Retired Players for Brain-Injury Monitoring". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved August 27, 2013.
- Burke, Monte (May 25, 2010). "Pro Sports' Most-Losing Teams". Forbes. Archived from the original on August 28, 2013. Retrieved August 27, 2013.
- Monkovic, Toni (May 1, 2009). "Reviewing the Draft: Sanchez as 'Game Manager'". New York Times. Retrieved August 27, 2013.
- Spencer, Sheldon (April 15, 2010). "Second Round: Two Jacks, all kings-Steelers Ham and Lambert join Singletary, Hendricks among second-round great LBs". Retrieved August 27, 2013.