Princess Sophie Auguste of Anhalt-Zerbst
|Sophie Auguste of Anhalt-Zerbst|
|Duchess consort of Saxe-Weimar|
|Born||9 March 1663|
|Died||14 September 1694 (aged 31)|
|Spouse||Johann Ernst III, Duke of Saxe-Weimar|
|Issue||Prince Johann Wilhelm, Hereditary Duke of Saxe-Weimar |
Ernst August I
Princess Eleonore Christiane
Princess Johanna Auguste
Princess Johanna Charlotte
|House||House of Ascania|
|Father||John VI, Prince of Anhalt-Zerbst|
|Mother||Sophie Augusta of Holstein-Gottorp|
Born in Zerbst, she was the eleventh of fourteen children born from the marriage of John VI, Prince of Anhalt-Zerbst and Sophie Augusta of Holstein-Gottorp. Of her thirteen older and younger siblings, only four survived to adulthood: Karl William, Anthony Günther, John Adolph and John Louis.
In Zerbst on 11 October 1685, Sophie Auguste married Johann Ernst III, Duke of Saxe-Weimar. They had five children, of whom only two survive adulthood:
- John William, Hereditary Prince of Saxe-Weimar (Weimar, 4 June 1686 - Weimar, 14 October 1686).
- Ernest Augustus I, Duke of Saxe-Weimar (Weimar, 19 April 1688 – Eisenach, 19 January 1748), later inherited Eisenach and Jena.
- Eleonore Christiane (Weimar, 15 April 1689 – Weimar, 7 February 1690).
- Johanna Auguste (Weimar, 6 July 1690 – Weimar, 24 August 1691).
- Johanna Charlotte (Weimar, 23 November 1693 – Weimar, 2 March 1751).
- Johann Fürst v.Anhalt-Zerbst in: Genealogy Database by Herbert Stoyan [retrieved 5 October 2014].
- Marek, Miroslav. "Genealogy of the House of Wettin". genealogy.euweb.cz. Retrieved 5 October 2014.[self-published source][better source needed]
- Anhalt-Zerbst line in: Royaltyguide.nl [retrieved 5 October 2014].
Princess Sophie Auguste of Anhalt-ZerbstBorn: 9 March 1663 Died: 14 September 1694
Charlotte Marie of Saxe-Jena
| Duchess consort of Saxe-Weimar
jointly with Charlotte Marie of Saxe-Jena until 1690
Title next held byCharlotte of Hesse-Homburg