Princess Eugénie of Greece and Denmark
Princess Eugénie of Greece and Denmark (Greek: Πριγκίπισσα Ευγενία της Ελλάδας και Δανίας) (10 February 1910 – 13 February 1989) was the youngest child and only daughter of Prince George of Greece and Denmark and his wife, Princess Marie Bonaparte, daughter of Marie-Félix Blanc and Prince Roland Bonaparte, a great-nephew of Napoleon I. Her father was the second son of George I of Greece and Olga Constantinovna of Russia.
|Princess Dominik Radziwiłł|
Duchess of Castel Duino
Princess Eugenie as a child
|Born||10 February 1910|
|Died||13 February 1989 (aged 79)|
Prince Dominik Radziwiłł
(m. 1938; div. 1946)
Prince Raimundo, Duke of Castel Duino
(m. 1949; div. 1965)
|Issue||Princess Tatiana Radziwiłł|
Prince Jerzy Radziwiłł
Prince Carlo Alessandro, Duke of Castel Duino
|Father||Prince George of Greece and Denmark|
|Mother||Princess Marie Bonaparte|
Marriage and issueEdit
- Princess Tatiana Radziwiłł (b. 28 August 1939); married Jean Henri Fruchaud. and has issue. Tatiana was a bridesmaid at the 1962 wedding of Prince Juan Carlos of Spain and Princess Sophia of Greece and Denmark.
- Prince Jerzy (George) Andrzej Dominik Hieronim Piotr Leon Radziwiłł (4 November 1942 – 27 August 2001).
Eugénie remarried on 28 November 1949 to Prince Raymundo della Torre e Tasso, Duke of Castel Duino, a cadet member of the House of Thurn and Taxis. Their marriage also ended in divorce, in 1965. They had one son:
- Prince Carlo Alessandro della Torre e Tasso, Duke di Castel Duino (b. 10 February 1952); married Veronique Lantz and had issue.
|Ancestors of Princess Eugénie of Greece and Denmark|
- Paul Theroff. "Greece". An Online Gotha. Retrieved 3 December 2010.
- Royal Collection: Seating plan for the Ball Supper Room http://www.royalcollection.org.uk/microsites/royalwedding1947/object.asp?grouping=&exhibs=NONE&object=9000366&row=82&detail=magnify
- Brewer-Ward, Daniel A. (also known as Daniel Willis), The House of Habsburg: A Genealogy of the Descendants of Empress Maria Theresia, Clearfield Co., Inc., Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., Baltimore, Maryland, 1966, p. 166.
- Coronation of Elizabeth II Archived 21 July 2015 at the Wayback Machine