Prince Alfred of Liechtenstein
Prince Alfred Louis of Liechtenstein (Alfred Aloys Eduard; 11 June 1842 in Prague – 8 October 1907 in Frauenthal castle) was the son of Prince Franz de Paula of Liechtenstein (1802–1887) and Countess Julia Eudoxia Potocka-Piława (1818–1895), older brother of Prince Louis of Liechtenstein, and cousin and brother-in-law of Franz I of Liechtenstein.
|Born||11 June 1842|
|Died||8 October 1907 (aged 65)|
Church of the Nativity of the Virgin Mary, Brno
|Spouse||Princess Henriette of Liechtenstein|
Princess Maria Theresia
Prince Alfred Roman
Prince Karl Aloys
|Father||Prince Franz de Paula of Liechtenstein|
|Mother||Countess Julia Eudoxia Potocka-Piława|
Marriage and issueEdit
On 26 April 1865, in Vienna, he married his first cousin Princess Henriette Maria Norberta (Schloss Liechtenstein bei Mödling, 6 June 1843 – Schloss Frauenthal, 24 December 1931), daughter of Aloys II, Prince of Liechtenstein. The couple had ten children together.
- Princess Franziska Maria Johanna (Vienna, 21 August 1866 – Schloss Frauenthal, 23 December 1939), unmarried and without issue
- Prince Franz de Paula Maria (Vienna, 24 January 1868 – Graz, 26 August 1929), unmarried and without issue
- Princess Julia (Vienna, 24 January 1868 – Vienna, 24 January 1868)
- Prince Aloys of Liechtenstein (1869–1955); married Archduchess Elisabeth Amalie of Austria; renounced his succession rights in favor of his son Franz Joseph II, Prince of Liechtenstein in 1923
- Princess Maria Theresia Julie (Hollenegg, 9 September 1871 – Schloss Frauenthal, 9 April 1964), unmarried and without issue
- Prince Johannes Franz Alfred Maria Caspar Melchior Balthasar (Vienna, 6 January 1873 – Hollenegg, 3 September 1959), 1,220th Knight of the Order of the Golden Fleece in 1921, married in Budapest on 6 September 1906 Marie Gräfin Andrássy von Czik-Szent-Király und Krasna-Horka (Budapest, 7 December 1886 – Vienna, 14 December 1961), and had issue
- Prince Alfred Roman (Vienna, 6 April 1875 – Waldstein bei Peggau, Styria, 25 October 1930), married in Munich on 19 February 1912 Theresia Maria Prinzessin zu Oettingen-Oettingen und Oettingen-Wallerstein (Munich, 1 June 1887 – Waldstein, 29 May 1971), and had issue
- Prince Heinrich Aloys Maria Joseph (Hollenegg, 21 June 1877 – k.i.a. in World War I in Warsaw, 16 August 1915), unmarried and without issue
- Prince Karl Aloys (Frauenthal, 16 September 1878 – Frauenthal, 20 June 1955), married civilly in Stuttgart on 31 March 1921 and religiously in Tegernsee on 5 April 1921 Elisabeth Prinzessin von Urach Gräfin von Württemberg Princess of Lithuania (Schloss Lichtenstein, 23 August 1894 – Frauenthal, 13 October 1962), daughter of Mindaugas II of Lithuania and first wife Duchess Amalie in Bayern, and had issue.
- Prince Georg Hartmann Joseph Maria Mathäus (Pater Ildefons, O.S.B.) (Vienna, 22 February 1880 – Hollenegg, 14 April 1931), a Benedictine Monk in Prague
|Ancestors of Prince Alfred of Liechtenstein|