This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Primeasia University is a private university in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
|Motto||To educate students in the undergraduate and graduate levels to make them able to serve the society at home and abroad|
|Chancellor||President of Bangladesh|
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr. Abdul Hannan Chowdhury|
|Campus||Star Tower, 12 Kemal Ataturk Avenue, Banani, Dhaka 1213|
Primeasia University received Government permission in August 2003. Subsequently, Primeasia University started its journey with only 35 students in the fall semester of 2003. Within a short period of time Primeasia University grew up to a significantly large university.
At present, the University has Textile Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering and Architecture departments under the School of Engineering; Microbiology, Pharmacy, Biochemistry, Public Health and Nutrition departments under the School of Biological Science; BBA, MBA, International Tourism and Hospitality Management departments under the School of Business Administration and Law department under the School of Law. Today, the total number of students of this university is around 4000. All the departments are well equipped with necessary laboratories, libraries and other facilities.
Mr. M.A. Khaleque, the present Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Primeasia University, is the founder of Primeasia University. For establishing Primeasia University and for bring it up to the present state, the efforts of Mr. M.A. Khaleque is worth mentioning. From the very beginning he has been working very hard to contribute in the growth of this University.
From the very beginning, the campus of Primeasia University has been at Banani, Dhaka. The present campus contains two 16-storied buildings and another six storied building which are adjacent to each other. The buildings are: (i) Star Tower, 12 Kemal Atatürk Avenue, Banani C/A,Dhaka-1213, (ii) HBR Tower 9, Road No # 17, Banani C/A, Dhaka-1213, (iii) GMQ Tower House 11, Road # 17, Block # C, Banani, Dhaka-1213.
This campus serves 4,000 to 5,000 students with amenities and facilities. Total floor space is approximately 1,38,667 square feet. The university authority has been taking necessary steps to build permanent campus at Joarshahara by the side of the 300 feet Purbachal link highway.
Board of TrusteesEdit
Mr. M. A. Khaleque-------------Chairman
Mr. K. M. Khaled---------------- Vice Chairman-1
Mr. Md. Nazrul Islam------------Vice Chairman-2
Mr. M. A. Wahhab---------------Member
Mrs. Sabiha Khaleque---------Member
Mr. K. M. Rakib Hossain-------Member
Mr. Shahriar Khaled------------Member
Mr. K. M. Mubarak Hossain---Member
Mrs. Sarwat Khaled------------Member
Mr. Rubaiyat Khaled-----------Member
Mrs. Taslima Islam--------------Member
Mr. Md. Salim Mahmud--------Member
Vice Chancellor----------------Ex-Officio Member
Primeasia University has an Academic Council which has been formed according to the private university ordinance, 2010. The Vice Chancellor is the chairman of the academic council. Other members are Pro- Vice Chancellor, Registrar, the Heads of the Departments, External Members (Educationists), and BoT representatives. Registrar serves as the member secretary of the Academic Council. All academic matters are referred to the Academic Council for Approval and decisions.
Academic programs and degree programsEdit
The university has four schools and 12 departments under those schools.
School of EngineeringEdit
1. Textile Engineering Department
- B.Sc. in Textile engineering
2. Electrical & Electronic Engineering Department
- B.Sc. in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE)
- B.Sc. in Electronics and Telecom Engineering (ETE)
3. Computer Science & Engineering Department
- B.Sc. in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- B.Sc. in Computer Science and Information Technology (CSIT)
4. Architecture Engineering Department
- Bachelor of Architecture (B. Arch.)
School of Biological ScienceEdit
5. Microbiology Department
- B.sc. (Hons.) in Microbiology
- M.sc. in Microbiology
6. Biochemistry Department
- B.sc. (Hons.) in Biochemistry
7. Public Health & Nutrition Department
- B.sc. (Hons.) in Public Health and Nutrition
8. Pharmacy Department
- B. Pharm. (Hons.)
- M. Pharm. (Accredited by Pharmacy Council of Bangladesh)
School of BusinessEdit
9. Business Administration Department
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Major: Accounting, Marketing, Finance, HRM, and Bank Management)
10. International Tourism and Hospitality Management Department
- Bachelor of International Tourism and Hospitality Management
11. Master of Business Administration Department
- Master of Business Administration (Major: Accounting, Marketing, Finance, HRM, and Bank Management)
- MBA in Textile & Apparel Marketing
- MBA Executive
School of LawEdit
12. Law Department
- 4-Year LL.B (Hons.)
The academic year of the university incorporates three regular semesters Spring, Summer and Fall. The duration of each semester is 4 month.
- Spring Semester: January to May
- Summer Semester: May to September
- Fall Semester: September to January
Facilities and servicesEdit
About 170 highly qualified and experienced full-time faculty members and around 20 experienced part-time and visiting faculties from different public universities have been teaching in different departments of this university. The faculty members are highly committed to providing quality teaching and research. The teachers impart knowledge to the students in a friendly and caring environment. They guide students to achieve their academic goals. They guide the students for successful careers. Students get facility for internship in well known organizations. Tuition waiver and scholarship are provided for meritorious and poor students. The University has well equipped class rooms. It also has well equipped laboratories for Textile Engineering, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Computer Science &Engineering, Microbiology, Pharmacy, Biochemistry and Public Health Nutrition. A good library facility, well disciplined environment, student counseling facilities, seminars, industrial visits/tour and job fair are available in the university.
University Management System (UMS)Edit
Software Engineering Section of the university has developed a web based University Management System (UMS) under the supervision and guidance of Pro Vice Chancellor. The UMS system has started functioning with the students of summer 2014. Continuous development, expansion, modification addition of the UMS has been going on. The present system can be used by the teachers as well as the students through the internet.
The Primeasia University central library consists of a Reference Section and a General Section located at two floors with over 7,500 square feet floor area at HBR tower. The library function catalogue services are now available through a library management software (KOHA)
The library can accommodate around 300 students. The library remains open for 9:00 am –8:00 pm. Students can use the library during the library hours. There is a separate space for the teachers in the reference section. There are also PCs with Internet connectivity inside the library.
The library has adequate books and other publications. It subscribes to local and some international journals and magazines. The library subscribes to INASPIRI for e-journals and limited number of e-books.
The departments of Primeasia University has rich laboratory facilities. These are:
Textile Engineering Department laboratoriesEdit
- Physics Laboratory
- Chemistry Laboratory
- Computer (Programming & Networking) Laboratory
- Textile Testing & Quality Control
- Weaving (with prototype mill machinery) Laboratory
- Knitting (with prototype mill machinery) Laboratory
- Spinning (with prototype mill machinery) Laboratory
- Fabric Structure and Design Laboratory
- Wet Processing Laboratory - I Laboratory
- Wet Processing Laboratory - II Laboratory
- Apparel (Pattern & Design with CAD & Plotter) Laboratory
- Apparel (Cutting & Sewing with CAM) Laboratory
- Clothing Comfort Assessment Laboratory
- Engineering Drawing Laboratory
- Mechanical Engineering & Workshop Practice Laboratory
- Industrial Production Engineering Laboratory
Pharmacy Department laboratoriesEdit
- Pharmacognosy & Phytochemistry Laboratory
- Pharmaceutical Microbiology Laboratory
- Medicinal Chemistry & Organic Pharmacy Laboratory
- Physical Pharmacy & Inorganic Pharmacy Laboratory
- Physiology & Pharmacology Laboratory
- Pharmaceutics & Biopharmaceutics Laboratory
- Pharmaceutical Technology Laboratory
Advanced laboratories for researchEdit
- Advanced Instrumental Research Laboratory
- Advanced Biopharmaceutics & Bioequivalence Research Laboratory
- Advanced Biotechnology Research Laboratory
- Advanced Phytochemistry and Pharmaceutics Laboratory
Electrical & Electronic Engineering Department laboratoriesEdit
- Electrical Circuits Laboratory (AC/DC)
- Analogue Electronics Laboratory
- Computer Laboratory
- Communication Laboratory
- Control Engineering Laboratory
- Electrical Machines Laboratory
- VLSI Laboratory
- Microwave Engineering Laboratory
- Microprocessor and Interfacing Laboratory
The laboratories have required qualities components, instruments and equipment like power supplies, oscilloscopes, signal generators, analog and digital meters, Computer laboratories have simulation software like Pspice, VLSI CAD tools, Codeblock (C/C++ compiler) and power system simulators, and ATMEL AVR simulators for microcontrollers are available in the computer laboratory.
Computer Science and Engineering Department laboratoriesEdit
The Computer laboratory contains Intel core i5 PCs with necessary software.
Undergraduate students of Computer Science and Engineering Department use the following Laboratories:
Microcontroller Laboratory: Department has microcontroller kits and ATMEL AVR simulators for microcontrollers for performing experiment on robots, traffic controller, digital display, motor control
Hardware Laboratory: Performed at EEE department circuit and electronics (analog and digital ) labs
Networking Laboratory experiments are performed using state of the art software like PacketTracer, NS2 and Omnet++
Database Design Laboratory: Performed in Oracle Express, Oracle 11g, MySQL
1st Convocation of the University was held on Sunday, 4 April 2010 at the Bangabandhu International Conference Center (BICC) with a total of 515 students both graduate (173) and undergraduate (342), and were awarded degrees during this convocation.
Honorable President of the People's of Bangladesh & Chancellor of Primeasia University, Mr. Md. Zillur Rahman attended the Convocation ceremony as Chief Guest and conferred degrees to the students.
Dr. Hafiz G.A. Siddiqi, The then Vice Chancellor of North South University attended the ceremony as Convocation Speaker. Mr. Nurul Islam Nahid, Honorable Minister of Education, Chairman of UGC, Chairman, Vice Chairman & Members of the Board of Governors of Primeasia Foundation and other distinguished guests attended the Convocation ceremony.
The 2nd Convocation of the University was held at the Bangabandhu International Conference Center (BICC) on Tuesday, 5 February 2013. 74 graduate and 570 undergraduate students were awarded degrees in this convocation. With the approval of the Honorable President and Chancellor of the University, Mr. Nurul Islam Nahid, MP, Hon'ble Minister, Ministry of Education presided over the Convocation ceremony as the Chief Guest and conferred degrees to the students.
Prof. Dr. Pabitra Sarker, former Vice Chancellor, Rabindra Bharati University graced the occasion as the Convocation Speaker. Chairman, Vice Chairmen & Members of the Board of Trustees of Primeasia University and other distinguished guests attended the Convocation ceremony.
Note# Third convocation will be held 30 July 2018
Course curriculum for each degree program meets national and international standards. Every department has a Syllabus Committee comprising two experts from outside and all faculty members of the department.
University has collaboration with CISA Bangladesh Chapter which conducts classes once in a year for about four weeks on Fridays when they need it. CSE department is responsible for coordination with CISA.