Press Information Bureau
The Press Information Bureau, commonly abbreviated as PIB, is a nodal agency of the Government of India. Based in National Media Centre, New Delhi, Press Information Bureau disseminates information to the print, electronic and new media on government plans, policies, programme initiatives and achievements. The PIB is also the Government's nodal agency to facilitate private media. The current director general (28th) is Indian Information Service officer KS Dhatwalia.
|पत्र सूचना कार्यालय|
|Headquarters||National Media Centre, New Delhi|
The Press Information Bureau was established in 1919 as a small cell, which has now grown into a nationwide network of 8 regional offices and 34 branch offices.The Press Information Bureau, also known as PIB is the nodal agency disseminating news from the Government of India to the media. Set up in 1919, it has grown into a large agency with more than forty offices all over the country. Its press releases give information to electronic, print and new media on the following topics:
- Government Planning
- Government Policies
- Programme Initiatives
- Achievements of the Government
The PIB also facilitates private media and provides technical assistance whenever requested.
Gateway to Central Government communicationEdit
The Press Information Bureau is gateway for the Union Government communication. It has also launched the mobile version of its website for mobile users.
- "PIB Home Page". PIB official Portal.
- "Sonia, PM to launch Rs 60 cr media centre". The Hindustan Times. 24 August 2013. Archived from the original on 24 August 2013. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- "KS Dhatwalia named new PIB dg". India Today.
- "About PIB". PIB Mumbai official Portal.
- "Press Information Bureau sets up unit to combat fake news related to government". The Hindu. PTI. 29 November 2019. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 30 November 2019.CS1 maint: others (link)
- "PIB establishes checking unit to combat fake news against government on social media". The Economic Times. 28 November 2019. Retrieved 30 November 2019.
- "PIB launches mobile version of its website". The Economic Times. PTI. 31 August 2012. Archived from the original on 22 September 2013.