Preethi Prema Pranaya
Preethi Prema Pranaya (Kannada: ಪ್ರೀತಿ ಪ್ರೇಮ ಪ್ರಣಯ) is a 2003 Indian Kannada drama film written and directed by Kavitha Lankesh. The film features an ensemble cast of Anant Nag, Bharathi Vishnuvardhan, Sudharani, Prakash Raj, Bhavana, Anu Prabhakar and Sunil Raoh. It was produced by "Indo - Hollywood" films, consisting of five producers, namely Mano Murthy, Ram Prasad, Dr. Renuka and Somashekar. The music was composed by Mano Murthy.
|Preethi Prema Pranaya|
|Directed by||Kavitha Lankesh|
|Produced by||Mano Murthy|
Dr. Renuka Ramappa
|Screenplay by||Kavitha Lankesh|
|Story by||Kavitha Lankesh|
|Starring||Anant Nag |
|Music by||Mano Murthy|
|Cinematography||A. C. Mahendran|
|Edited by||M. N. Swamy|
The film went on to become a musical hit and won many awards including the National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Kannada.
The film revolved around three generations of two families having Ananth Nag and Bharathi Vishnuvardhan as first generation. The movie was also an inspiration for 2005 Hindi movie Pyaar Mein Twist.
Family of Dr. Chandrashekhar (Ananthnag) - a widower in his family has a son Dr. Ashok (Prakash Rai) and daughter-in-law Jyothi (Sudharani) and grandson Vivek (Sunil Rao). Second son Ajay (Arun Sagar) too is a doctor with wife Sheela (Bhavana), an ad professional. Well settled doctor has enough name and fame but the concern doted by his sons irritates him. Their over cautious behavior suffocates him. Too much is too bad. He happens to meet Sharadha Devi (Bharathi), a widow, in an accident and as a doctor he does his duty but with an 'extra care'. This leads into friendship and later they could not resist meeting each other with some pretext or the other. He finds the kind of affection, love and care that he needed at his age through this relationship with Sharadha Devi and vis-à-vis. Film takes an enlivening climax when Chandrashekar takes a bold step to face his family member and the society. This demonstrates that every human being needs someone 'who cares for them', 'who listens to them', 'who shares their feelings' no matter what age group you are in.
Filming for Preethi Prema Pranaya began in January 2003. The film was produced jointly by four NRIs: composer Mano Murthy, singer Ramprasad, Somashekar and Dr Renuka Ramappa under the banner of Indo-Hollywood Creations. Director Kavitha Lankesh stated that the film would try to substantiate that "love is ageless". She added that, "Having a partner in the old age is not new in the US. This is logically justified as the dear ones including sons and daughters keep away from their own parents. The elders feel left in the lurch especially when they live in far off places without anyone looking after them." Producer Ramprasad stated that the film would delve "into the serious issue of having a partner in life to support after he or she becomes a widower or widow."
- South Cine Fans Awards
- Best Music Director – Mano Murthy
- Chennai Film Fans Association Awards
- Best Film
- Best Music Direction – Mano Murthy
- Best Supporting Artiste – Anant Nag
- "Preethi Prema Pranaya 2003 Kannada Movie Watch Online | Online Watch Movies Free". Onlinewatchmovies.net. 1 August 2003. Retrieved 27 September 2012.
- Srinivasa, Srikanth (12 January 2003). "For friends & parents". Deccan Herald. Archived from the original on 17 August 2003. Retrieved 23 September 2020.
- "Preethi Prema Pranaya audio songs online | Download Preethi Prema Pranaya Songs mp3 codes | Preethi Prema Pranaya music review | Listen to Preethi Prema Pranaya songs". MusicMazaa.com. Retrieved 27 September 2012.
- "Preethi Prema Pranaya won Awards". screenindia.com. Screen. 30 July 2004. Archived from the original on 4 August 2004. Retrieved 30 September 2020.
|This article about a Kannada film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|