Prawaal Raman is an Indian film director and screenwriter known for his works in Hindi cinema. He has written and directed films like Darna Mana Hai (2003), Gayab (2004), Darna Zaroori hai (2006), 404 (2011) and Main Aur Charles (2015).
|Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Occupation||Film director, producer and writer|
Raman started his career as an assistant director to Ram Gopal Varma and assisted him as second unit director in Jungle and Company. Post Company, Ram Gopal Varma assigned the project Darna Mana Hai to him as the director. The multi starrer film released in 2003 and was critically acclaimed. In 2015, Raman wrote and directed Main Aur Charles, starring Randeep Hooda, Richa Chadda and Adil Hussain. His next directorial film, Dr. Ajoy Kumar is in its pre-production phase. He has produced documentaries for Prayas, an NGO in New Delhi operating in more than seven states in India.
Non film workEdit
In 2012 Due to the increasing suicide amongst school students, Raman organised an anti-suicide campaign in Jamshedpur with Jeevan NGO and Loyola School which had a series of seminar. Guest speakers were Randeep Hooda, Rahul Bose, Sunita Menon, Nishikant Kamat, Satyakaam Gupta and Raman, himself.
He has been a guest speaker for leadership training program for Praxair, organized by Abacus Management Consultants Pvt. Ltd. New Delhi in 2012 where he spoke about mutual faith and trust within a corporate structure. He has also been a guest speaker along with Tisca Chopra at Masina Metro Hospital and spoke about how to deal with people suffering from bipolar disorder.
|2003||Darna Mana Hai||Yes||Yes||Nominated, Stardust Best Debut Director Award|
|2006||Darna Zaroori Hai||Yes||Yes|
|2011||404: Error Not Found||Yes||Yes||Nominated, Screen Award for Best Story|
|2015||Main Aur Charles||Yes||Yes|
|2017||Dobaara: See Your Evil||Yes||Yes||Adapted From Oculus|
- "Find your own spark, Rahul Bose tells teens". The Telegraph.
- "404 Movie Review". The Times of India.
- "Top 10 Bollywood movies of 2011". The Times of India.
- "Mayank Shekhar's review: 404". Hindustan Times. Archived from the original on 23 June 2011.
- Daily News & Analysis (3 January 2012). "Best of the Year 2011 in Bollywood". dna.
- "Ex-super cop Ajoy Kumar to come alive on celluloid soon". Hindustan Times.
- "Randeep Hooda Signs Prawaal Raman's Next Opposite Chitrangada Singh". Businessofcinema.com.
- Johnny D. "support 4 suicide farmers families". support4suicidefarmersfamilies.blogspot.in.
- "Reel war on teen suicide". The Telegraph.
- "Prawaal Raman's 'fore'sight". The Times of India.
- "Prawaal Raman — Saif Ali Khan Online". wordpress.com.
- "TaraTV". taratv.com.