Pratim D. Gupta
Pratim D. Gupta is an Indian journalist, film critic, screenwriter and film director. He reviews Bollywood films for The Telegraph newspaper. His first film as writer-director is Paanch Adhyay, starring Priyanshu Chatterjee and Dia Mirza. His subsequent films Shaheb Bibi Golaam and Maacher Jhol have been big box office hits. His new film is called Ahare Mon.
|Pratim D. Gupta|
11 November 1981 |
|Occupation||Journalist, film critic, screenwriter, film director|
While working as a journalist with The Telegraph, Gupta's script Vanish was selected for the prestigious Binger Script Lab at the Locarno International Film Festival in 2009. He got his first break with the romantic drama Paanch Adhyay which is also the first Bengali film for Bollywood actress Dia Mirza. Written and directed by Gupta, the film was shot almost entirely in Calcutta in November and December 2011. In 2013, Gupta collaborated with 10 other filmmakers to be part of the collaborative project "X: Past Is Present". The film premiered in New York in 2014 and released in Indian theatres in November 2015. Gupta's second feature film was, Saheb Bibi Golaam. released in 2016. His latest creation was 'Maacher Jhol' starring Ritwick Chakrabarty, is based on the life of internationally acclaimed chef who comes back to his roots.
- "A new chapter". The Telegraph. 1 Oct 2011. Retrieved 27 Mar 2012.
- "A new turn". The Indian Express. 24 Feb 2012. Retrieved 27 March 2012.
- "Six make it to the finals". The Hindu. Retrieved 25 July 2009.
- "Dia Mirza's Bengali connection". DNA. Retrieved 1 Mar 2012.
- Nag, Kushali (22 July 2014). "Saheb meets Bibi". The Telegraph (Calcutta). Retrieved 31 October 2014.