Pratighaat (The Revenge) is a 1987 Hindi feminist drama film directed by N. Chandra, starring Sujata Mehta as lead. It was a remake of the Telugu film Pratighatana (1986), directed by T. Krishna, with Vijayshanti as the lead. The film deals with politics-criminal nexus and a college lecturer who takes them on, even after she faces public disrobing.
|Directed by||N. Chandra|
|Produced by||Ramoji Rao|
|Story by||T. Krishna|
by T. Krishna
|Music by||Ravindra Jain|
|Edited by||N. Chandra|
Made on a low-budget, and no big stars, it went on to become a hit, making Rs. 8 crore at the box office. It became part of the hat-trick of hit films by N. Chandra, Ankush (1986), Pratighaat and Tezaab (1988).
- "Tere Sar Pe Mere" - S. Janaki, S.P. Balasubramaniam
- "Hamre Balma Beimaan" - S.P. Balasubramaniam
- "Likhungi Mahabharat Naya" - S. Janaki
- "Sara Nagar Aap Hi Ke Saath Hai" - Sushil Kumar, Mohammed Aziz
- M.L. Dhawan (21 July 2002). "On the sands of time — 1987: Year of the invisible hero". The Sunday Tribune. Retrieved 2014-09-24.
- Madhu Jain (28 February 1989). "Mean street Moghul: Hit director N. Chandra brings realism to films". India Today. Retrieved 2014-09-24.
- "Politician-goonda emerge as the new villain". India Today. 15 September 1987. Retrieved 2014-09-24.
- Virdi, Jyotika (2003). The Cinematic ImagiNation: Indian Popular Films as Social History. Rutgers University Press. p. 55. ISBN 978-0-8135-3191-5.
- "In Indian politics, line between politicians and goondas is fast disappearing: N. Chandra". India Today. 15 September 1987. Retrieved 2014-09-24.