Prana Krushna Parija OBE (1 April 1891 – 2 June 1978; born in Balikuda, Odisha) was an Indian botanist. His research work comprised mainly fundamental and applied aspects of plant physiology, experimental plant morphology, and ecological studies of plant environment. He studied water hyacinth and other aquatic weeds, respiration in leaves and apples, transpiration and heat resistance in plants, rice and algae and storage of apples. 
Prana Krushna Parija
|Died||2 June 1978(aged 87)|
|Alma mater||Ravenshaw University|
Presidency University, Kolkata
University of Cambridge
|Awards||Padma Bhushan (1955)|
Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE; 1944)
|Institutions||Ravenshaw University |
Banaras Hindu University
|Member: 1st Odisha Legislative Assembly|
He served as a vice chancellor of Utkal University. He worked as a principal in Ravenshaw University (formerly Ravenshaw College), CuttackPro Vice-Chancellor of Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi and Vice-Chancellor of Utkal University, Bhubaneswar. The "Parija Library" of the university is named after him. He was President of the Indian Science Congress Association in 1960. He was an elected member of the first Odisha Legislative Assembly.
Awards and recognitionsEdit
- 1948-1981. Universities Press. 2003. pp. 812–. ISBN 978-81-7371-433-7. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "Directory of Eminent Personalities of the District". jagatsinghpur.nic.in. Archived from the original on 19 November 2012. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
Dr. Pranakrushna Parija Balikuda
- Balikuda locals remember son of the soil Dr Parija
- "INSA :: Deceased Fellow Detail". insaindia.res.in. Retrieved 7 November 2019.
- K. M. George; Sāhitya Akādemī (1992). Modern Indian Literature, an Anthology. Sahitya Akademi. pp. 319–. ISBN 978-81-7201-324-0. Retrieved 14 May 2012.
- Vanivihar Homepage
- Harish Chandra Das; State Level Vyasakabi Fakir Mohan Smruti Samsad (2003). The cultural heritage of Khurda. State Level Vyasakabi Fakir Mohan Smruti Samsad. Retrieved 14 May 2012.
- Indian Science Congress Association (2003). The Shaping of Indian Science: 1948-1981. Universities Press. p. 812. ISBN 9788173714337. Retrieved 26 November 2014.
- Lakshmikanta Mahapatra (1988). Songs of the soul. Kantakabi Centenary Celebration Committee. Retrieved 14 May 2012.
- P.G. Rama Rao. "Among celebrities". The Telegraph. Retrieved 6 December 2010.
- "Government of India,Indian Science Congress". sciencecongress.nic.in. Retrieved 7 November 2019.
- List of members of OLA, 1951-2004 Archived 2013-12-17 at the Wayback Machine
- The historical register. Supplement. University of Cambridge; University of Cambridge. Cambridge University calendar. Supplement; University of Cambridge. Index to tripos lists, 1748–1910. Supplement. Cambridge University Press. University of Cambridge. 1911–1920
- "No. 36309". The London Gazette (Supplement). 31 December 1943. p. 23.
- "Padma Bhushan Awardees". Ministry of Communications and Information Technology. Retrieved 28 June 2009.