Prakash Rao Kovelamudi is an Indian film director, screenwriter, and actor known for his works in alternative cinema, across various languages. He is known for works such as Morning Raga (2004), with which he made his Bollywood acting debut. He then directed Bommalata (2004), which received Best Film in Telugu at the 53rd National Film Awards, the fantasy film, Anaganaga O Dheerudu (2011), and the black comedy, Judgementall Hai Kya (2019). An alumnus of the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute, Prakash is the son of veteran director K. Raghavendra Rao and grandson of Kovelamudi Surya Prakash Rao.
Kovelamudi Prakash Rao
25 June 1975
|Spouse(s)||Kanika Dhillon(Ex Wife)|
|Relatives||K. S. Prakash Rao (grandfather)|
K. Raghavendra Rao (father)
Shobu Yarlagadda (Brother in law)
He made his acting debut with the Telugu-language movie Neetho. Kovelamudi was set to act in a fantasy film directed by Rajamouli but the film was later shelved. He also appeared in Morning Raga. The films under his directorial belt include Bommalata (A belly full of dreams) and the Telugu fantasy film Anaganaga O Dheerudu, distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. He also directed the film Size Zero, which is also known as Inji Iduppazhagi, starring Arya and Anushka Shetty. His most recent film is Judgemental Hai Kya, a black comedy which addresses mental health issues.
- As actor
|2004||Morning Raga||Abhinay||English film|
- As director
|2004||Bommalata||Telugu children's film|
|2011||Anaganaga O Dheerudu|
|2015||Inji Iduppazhagi||Tamil film|
|2019||Judgementall Hai Kya||Hindi film|
- National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Telugu - Bommalata (playing with toys) - 2006
- "Judgementall Hai Kya box office collection: Kangana Ranaut, Rajkummar Rao's film earns Rs 31 cr in opening week- Entertainment News, Firstpost". Firstpost. 2 August 2019.
- "Home -". bollywhat.boards.net.
- Raghavan, Nikhil (24 October 2010). "The homecoming" – via www.thehindu.com.
- "Movie Review : Anaganaga O Dheerudu".
- ABODE Creative Construction concepts
- "Rich visuals, top-class technology makes 'Anaganaga...' a must watch IndiaVision Latest Breaking News".
- ""Judgemental Hai Kya is quirky!" – Kanika Dhillon". Kovid Gupta Films. 2019. Retrieved 25 June 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "A Walt Disney film in Telugu!". Rediff.