|Residence||Mumbai, Maharastra, India|
|Education||Symbiosis Law School |
at Pune in 2012
|Home town||Madhya Pradesh, India|
|Height||1.7 m (5 ft 7 in) |
During her initial days at the Symbiosis University, she participated in various beauty pageants and has been a successful model ever since. On January 22, 2014 she received the Symbiosis Sanskritik Puraskar for her achievement in the field of art and culture.
Jaiswal made her acting debut in a South Indian bi-lingual film named Virattu / Dega Tamil and Telugu released in 2014. In 2015, she starred in the Telugu film Mirchi Lanti Kurradu and later in the period drama Kanche directed by Krish. Jaiswal had previously auditioned for a role in Krish's Gabbar Is Back. She did not land that role but Krish later offered her the lead role in Kanche. She portrayed Seetha Devi, the daughter of a wealthy landlord, who falls in love with Hari Babu (Varun Tej) who later goes on to fight in World War II. She received generally positive remarks for her performance, with most critics, in particular, complimenting her on her looks. 123telugu.com wrote, "She looks stunning and should thank Krish for her big break. Pragya has amazing screen presence and is a star to watch out for". The film went on to bag the 63rd National Award for the Best Feature Film in Telugu.she played a cameo in Jaya Janaki Nayaka movie,starring Bellamkonda Sreenivas, Rakul Preet Singh, Jagapathi Babu.
She was the brand ambassador for South India Shopping mall and R.S.Brothers for years 2016-2017.
Her upcoming movie for 2019 is Chiranjeevi's multi-starrer of South Indian actors Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy by Konidela Production Company, which is also biographical film of Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy, where also Amitabh Bachchan making a Cameo appearance.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
Jaiswal has mainly appeared in Telugu language movies.
Virattu in Tamil (debut)
|2015||Mirchi Lanti Kurradu||Vasundara|
|Kanche||Sita||Won - National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Telugu|
|2017||Om Namo Venkatesaya||Bhavani||Cameo appearance for the song
|Jaya Janaki Nayaka||Falguna||Special appearance|
|2018||Achari America Yatra||Geetha|
|2019||Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy||TBA||Telugu,
Awards and NominationsEdit
|2016||Filmfare Awards South – Best Female Debut||Kanche||Won|
|South Indian International Movie Awards – Best Female Debutante||Won|
|CineMAA Awards – Best Female Debut||Won|
|18th Ugadi Puraskaralu Awards – Best Female Debut||Won|
|Zee Telugu Apsara Award for "Find of the Year"||Won|
|2018||T. S. R TV9 Speial appearence Award||Jaya Janaki Nayaka||Won|
- Srivideo. "Actress Pragya Jaiswal Biography, Height, Weight, Age, Family, Affairs, Social Media Profile, Wiki". www.srivideo.net. Retrieved 2018-08-04.
- "Pragya Jaiswal interview". FHM India. Retrieved 16 June 2015.
- Sashidhar AS. "Pragya Jaiswal in Varun Tej's film". The Times Of India. Retrieved 16 June 2015.
- Anjali Shetty (22 January 2014). "'I am pleasantly surprised' - City-Pune". DNA. Retrieved 2016-07-23.
- "Alumini Newsletter-2014" (PDF). symlaw.ac.in. Retrieved 2016-07-23.
- "'Kanche' transported me to a different era, says Telugu actress Pragya Jaiswal". Indian Express. 19 October 2015. Retrieved 2016-07-23.
- "Kanche: Breaking the fence". 23 October 2015. Retrieved 2016-07-23 – via The Hindu.
- "Kanche Movie Review". The Times of India. Retrieved 2016-07-23.
- "Movie review 'Kanche': Love reigns in war zone". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 2016-07-23.
- "Kanche Telugu Movie Review – Varun Tej Kanche Movie Review". 123telugu.com. Retrieved 2016-07-23.
- "National Award for 'Kanche' truly deserving: Director Krish". IBNLive. Retrieved 2016-04-06.
- "Sai Pallavi, Pragya Jaiswal share Best Debut Actress award at 63rd Britannia Filmfare Awards South 2016". The Times of India. 18 June 2016. Retrieved 2016-09-02.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 14 July 2016. Retrieved 1 April 2017.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)