Power Rangers Ninja Steel
Power Rangers Ninja Steel is the twenty-fourth season of the long-running American children's television program Power Rangers. The season was produced primarily using footage, costumes, and props from Japanese Super Sentai series Shuriken Sentai Ninninger with minimal costume and prop elements being recycled from Ressha Sentai ToQger. The show is produced by Saban Brands and premiered on Nickelodeon on January 21, 2017.
|Power Rangers Ninja Steel|
|Also known as||Power Rangers Super Ninja Steel|
Saban's Power Rangers Ninja Steel
Saban's Power Rangers Super Ninja Steel
|Based on||Shuriken Sentai Ninninger|
by Toei Company
|Developed by||Saban Brands|
|Narrated by||Daryl Habraken|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||43 (List of Ninja Steel episodes, List of Super Ninja Steel episodes) (As of 10 November 2018[update])|
|Production location(s)||New Zealand and Japan|
|Running time||23 minutes|
|Original release||January 21, 2017– present|
|Preceded by||Power Rangers Dino Super Charge|
|Followed by||Power Rangers Beast Morphers|
The second season of Ninja Steel, and twenty-fifth Power Rangers season overall, known as Power Rangers Super Ninja Steel premiered on January 27, 2018. As the twenty-fifth anniversary of the Power Rangers franchise, Super Ninja Steel will feature popular Rangers from past seasons. It is also the last Power Rangers series to have toys manufactured and distributed by Bandai as well as the last season produced by Saban Brands following the purchase of the franchise by Hasbro over May and June 2018.
Season 1: Ninja SteelEdit
Galvanax is the reigning champion of Galaxy Warriors, the most popular intergalactic TV game show in the universe where contestants from all over the universe battle to prove who is the galaxy's mightiest warrior. Galvanax is determined to become invincible by controlling the mythical Ninja Nexus Prism, which contains the supernatural Ninja Nexus Star. Master Dane Romero fought Galvanax to keep him from obtaining the Nexus Star and apparently sacrificed himself to thwart Galvanax's plan, while in the process separating the Nexus Star into six separate Ninja Power Stars and creating from the metal of the Prism, the legendary Ninja Steel, though Galvanax and his minions Madame Odius and Ripcon made off with his son Brody. Ten years later, an enslaved Brody escapes from Galvanax's ship with the Prism, the Power Stars, and fellow slaves Redbot and Mick Kanic and returns to Earth, descending into the city of Summer Cove where they meet high school students Preston Tien, Sarah Thompson, Calvin Maxwell and Hayley Foster who manage to retrieve the Power Stars from the Prism and morph into the Ninja Steel Power Rangers. Furious at the outcome, Galvanax sends his warrior contestants down to Earth to steal the Prism where each epic battle against the Rangers is broadcast throughout the universe. Together, the Rangers must master their arsenal of Power Stars, Mega Morph Cycles, and Zords, that are all made from the Ninja Steel, in order to stop this evil threat and save the Earth from destruction.
During the final battle against Galvanax, the Ninja Nexus Prism restores Brody's broken Red Ninja Power Star where it not only turns Mick into an alternate Red Ranger, but also restores Master Dane Romero. The Rangers are able to destroy Galvanax with the Ninja Nexus Prism going inactive, but Madame Odius survives the unexpected Ninja Steel meteor attack on Galvanax's ship.
Season 2: Super Ninja SteelEdit
In Power Rangers Super Ninja Steel, the heroic teens find themselves face-to-face with an old enemy when they discover that Madame Odius is still alive and is more determined than ever to steal the Ninja Nexus Prism and revive its powers for her nefarious purposes with the assistance of Badonna, Brax, and General Tynamon. Now it is up to the Rangers and some unexpected help from new friends to use the power of teamwork to protect the Prism, defeat Madame Odius, and save the world.
Sledge and his crew from Power Rangers Dino Charge escape from a wormhole (due to events from the Power Rangers Dino Super Charge finale - "End of Extinction"), thus arriving in the main dimension of the Power Rangers multiverse. After finding the wreckage of the Warrior Dome and the survivors of the asteroid collision (including Madame Odius and Cosmo Royale), Sledge offers to fix the ship in exchange for the asteroid, which is covered in Ninja Super Steel, a metal even stronger than Ninja Steel. Instead, Odius tricks him and gains the loyalty of a prisoner of his named Badonna, takes the Super Steel for herself, and gets the ship fixed regardless. Putting Galaxy Warriors back on the air, Odius, Badonna, and a new contestant named Smellephant attack Earth to revive the Ninja Nexus Prism and forge evil Ninja Stars from Super Steel. Thanks to prior warning from a returning Mick and using every trick up their sleeves, the former Rangers manage to claim the Super Steel and regain their powers, though much stronger than before.
With new and improved powers and gear, the Rangers protect the Ninja Power Stars from Odius and her Warrior contestants. In order to get an edge on them, Badonna books a ragtag team of Galactic Ninjas, intent on proving their superiority to the "Earth Ninjas". Odius hatches a plan to send the Galactic Ninjas into fatal battles in order to claim their Ninja Medallions for the creation of Foxatron, her own Zord. Foxatron destroys the Ninja Ultrazord, leaving the Rangers' Zord Stars burned and in no condition for use. Luckily, with the help of three mysterious cloaked figures, they are able to repair the Zord Stars and destroy Foxatron with their new Ninja Blaze Megazord, gained by proving to the Prism, that they're kind at heart enough to be worthy of such power.
As revenge, Odius forms an alliance with Lord Draven, ruler of an evil dimension known as the Antiverse. The two plan to unite all dimensions into one and use an army of Robo Ranger clones to conquer them all. Fortunately, the Ninja Steel Rangers and a team of Legendary Rangers (including the three cloaked figures revealed to be Wes Collins, Gemma from RPM, and Koda from Dino Charge, as well as Tommy Oliver, Katherine Hillard, Rocky DeSantos, Trent Fernandez-Mercer, T.J. Johnson, Antonio Garcia, and Gia Moran, all of whom escaped Draven's captivity) are able to destroy Draven and stop the merging of the dimensions.
After the fall of the Galactic Ninjas and Draven's demise, Odius continues to plot the Rangers' downfall, even as going as far as to trick the legendary Space Sheriff Skyfire into viewing the Rangers as thieves, while the sheriff was hunting a wanted criminal and demolitions expert named Blammo, who was a contestant on Galaxy Warriors at the time. Odius makes yet another deal, this time with General Tynamon, manager of a famous fighter named Brax. Tynamon is actually a small monster using a robot suit to look big, hoping Odius will grant him to grow big if he can get the Power Stars and destroy the Rangers. While he does succeed in testing out her mind control device and thus gaining Mick as an ally, the monster is only able to achieve his dream for a small amount of time, as he is destroyed by the Rangers. For Odius however, losing Tynamon is meaningless as Mick can help her launch her ultimate plan.
Mick promises to help her broadcast a signal which will mind control the whole planet. A monster named Gorrox disguises as a TV producer to get humans for her broadcast. The audition he holds causes Calvin and Hayley to argue and breakup, while, Victor and Monty are chosen for the role. Gorrox reveals himself and is destroyed along with a vengeful Brax, in battle with the Rangers. Unfortunately, they are too late as Odious now controls half the human race and has ambushed Summer Cove High. While Sarah and Hayley sneak onto the Warrior Dome to save a mind controlled Calvin, the Romero brothers and Preston watch as Odious turns the Nexus Prism evil and forges a Ninja Nexus Super Star, revealing she's wanted to control an army with the Prism's power for a thousand years. The three are then forced to fight Brody's father, whom was also mind controlled. Luckily, Hayley destroys the satellite and gets back together with a free Calvin. Odius' former human soldiers escape with Victor and Monty's help, leading to the destruction of the Warrior Dome and demise of Cosmo Royale and Badonna. Despite this, Odious is still able to unite with the Nexus Super Star. The Rangers reunite and in order to combat a seemingly unstoppable Odious, infuse themselves with the power of the Nexus Star with a little help from Preston's magic. Try as she may, Odius is no match for a whole team of those with equal powers to hers, falling in the final battle when the Rangers combine their Nexus Stars combined with the Nexus Power and bringing peace to Earth. Victor and Monty are rewarded for their bravery in helping to stop Odius while the Rangers return their powers to the Ninja Nexus Prism, which uses its power to reforge its Ninja Steel crust and flies off in search of another planet in need. With Mick remaining on Earth as their teacher (though remaining in contact with his family through satellite), the Rangers return to life as normal high school students unaware of Sledge and his crew are still around.
- William Shewfelt as Brody Romero, the Ninja Steel Red Ranger
- Peter Sudarso as Preston Tien, the Ninja Steel Blue Ranger
- Nico Greetham as Calvin Maxwell, the Ninja Steel Yellow Ranger
- Zoe Robins as Hayley Foster, the Ninja Steel White Ranger
- Chrysti Ane as Sarah Thompson, the Ninja Steel Pink Ranger
- Jordi Webber as Aiden Romero/Levi Weston, the Ninja Steel Gold Ranger
- Chris Reid as Victor Vincent
- Caleb Bendit as Monty
- Kelson Henderson as Mick Kanic, Ninja Steel Red Ranger II
- Ruby Love as Princess Viera
- Byron Coll as the voice of Redbot
- Amanda Billing as Principal Hastings
- Claire Chitham as Mrs. Finch
- Mikaela Ruegg as Sandy
- Lori Dungey as Mrs. Bell
- Stanley Andrew Jackson III as Tom, Levi Weston's manager.
- Daniel Sing as the Mayor of Summer Cove
- Jodie Rimmer as Jackie Thompson
- Taylor Barrett as Ace
- Malcolm Bishop as Business manager to the Mayor of Summer Cove
- Mike Edward as Master Dane Romero Ninja Steel Red Ranger III
- Taimana Marupo as Young Brody Romero
- Ethan Buckwell as Young Aiden Romero
- Kohji Mimura as Redbot (in-suit actor, Ninja Steel)
- Emma Carr as Redbot (in-suit actor, Super Ninja Steel)
- Jason David Frank as Tommy Oliver, the Mighty Morphin Green Ranger, Mighty Morphin White Ranger, Zeo Ranger V Red, and Dino Thunder Black Ranger.
- Steve Cardenas as Rocky DeSantos, the Red MMPR Ranger II.
- Catherine Sutherland as Kat Hillard, the Pink Turbo Ranger I.
- Selwyn Ward as TJ Johnson, the Blue Space Ranger.
- Jason Faunt as Wes Collins, the Red Time Force Ranger.
- Jeffrey Parazzo as Trent Fernandez, the Dino Thunder White Ranger.
- Li Ming Hu as Gemma, RPM Ranger Operator Series Silver.
- Steven Skyler as Antonio Garcia, the Gold Samurai Ranger.
- Ciara Hanna as Gia Moran, the Yellow Megaforce Ranger.
- Yoshi Sudarso as Koda, the Blue Dino Charge Ranger.
- Richard Simpson as the voice of Galvanax
- Campbell Cooley as the voices of Ripcon and Cosmo Royale
- Jacque Drew as the voice of Madame Odius
- Marissa Stott as the voice of Badonna
- Jamie Linehan as the voice of Brax
- Rajneel Singh as the voice of Lord Draven
- Adam Gardiner as the voice of Sledge
- Estevez Gillespie as the voices of Wrench and General Tynamon
- Jackie Clarke as the voice of Poisandra
- "Power Rangers Ninja Steel: New Yellow Ranger Cast". Den of Geek!. Dennis Publishing. September 16, 2016. Retrieved November 10, 2016.
- "Power Rangers Super Ninja Steel Revealed". March 16, 2017. Retrieved March 16, 2017.
- Kelley, Shamus (January 10, 2018). "Power Rangers Super Ninja Steel Release Date and Trailer". Den of Geek!. Retrieved January 11, 2018.
- Kelley, Shamus (January 7, 2017). "Power Rangers Ninja Steel Season 2 To Feature Past Rangers". Den of Geek!. Retrieved March 18, 2017.
- "Hasbro Named Global Master Toy Licensee for Saban's Power Rangers". Hasbro. February 16, 2018. Retrieved February 18, 2018.
- Sorrentino, Mike (February 16, 2018). "Power Rangers action figures, Megazords get a new maker". CNET. Retrieved February 18, 2018.
- Hipes, Patrick (May 1, 2018). "Hasbro Acquires 'Power Rangers' Brand In $522M Deal". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- "24th Power Rangers Season Is Power Rangers Ninja Steel". Anime News Network. January 13, 2016. Retrieved November 11, 2016.
- Max Nicholson (2016-01-12). "Power Rangers: Dino Super Charge Premiere Date and Next Iteration Revealed". IGN. Retrieved 2016-11-11.
- "Power Rangers 25th Anniversary: First Look at the Rangers Returning for Super Ninja Steel Reunion Episode". ign.com. 2018-07-30. Retrieved 2018-07-30.
- "Super Ninja Steel 25th Anniversary Episode Plot Details & Trailer Revealed!". morphinlegacy.com. 2018-08-10. Retrieved 2018-08-10.
- "Super Ninja Steel Returning Cast Revealed". powerrangersnow.com. 2018-08-18. Retrieved 2018-08-18.
- Cite error: The named reference
cast Iwas invoked but never defined (see the help page).
- "NINJA STEEL LAST NAMES REVEALED". Power Rangers NOW. January 6, 2017.
- "Power Rangers Ninja Steel Gold Ranger Actor Revealed". Herotaku.com. 2017-02-20. Retrieved 2017-03-26.
- "Power Rangers Ninja Steel - Gold Ranger's First Morph and Scene (Episode 7 "Hack Attack")". Rumors.trendolizer.com. Retrieved 2017-03-26.
- "Download Video: Power Rangers Ninja Steel - My Friend, Redbot - Madame Odius and the Gold Ranger (Episode 6) - Tooxclusive". Tooxclusive.rapbaze.com. 2017-03-04. Retrieved 2017-03-26.
- "Power Rangers Ninja Steel Introduces Gold Ranger". Power Rangers Now. 2017-03-18. Retrieved 2017-03-26.
- "Malcolm Bishop is an Actor and Musician based in Auckland, New Zealand". StarNow.com. Retrieved 2016-12-21.
- "Emma Morgana Carr Takes Over "RedBot" Suit Actor Role". thepowerscoopblog.wordpress.com. 2017-04-25. Retrieved 2017-07-23.