This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
A drink mix, or powdered drink mix is a processed-food product, a powder designed to mix usually with water to produce a beverage resembling fruit juice or soda in flavor. Another type of drink mix is represented by products that must be mixed into milk.
While some are made with sugar, or sold unsweetened, the products are often made with artificial sweeteners such as aspartame, sucralose, cyclamates or saccharin, and often include artificial flavors and colors. Some of the product include vitamins or other nutrients. The products are variously marketed to children, athletes, bodybuilders, dieters, or as a vitamin supplement. Some brands are only sold as drink mixes, while some beverage companies produce powdered versions of their products, as does Gatorade and Ocean Spray. Another form of drink mix is represented by products mixed into milk, such as malted milk, Nesquik, Ovaltine and Carnation Instant Breakfast.
Drink mix brandsEdit
- Nesquik (mix)
- Country Time
- Crystal Light (primarily to female dieters)
- Emergen-C (vitamin supplement, with sugar or unsweetened)
- Flavor Aid (primarily marketed to children)
- Funny Face, (primarily marketed to children) a Pillsbury product originally sweetened with cyclamates, then with saccharin, then sold as an unsweetened mix.
- Kool-Aid (primarily marketed to children)
- Milo (drink)
- G Fuel