Poshmark is a social commerce marketplace where people in the United States can buy and sell new or used clothing, shoes, and accessories. The company is headquartered in Redwood City, California.
|Founders||Manish Chandra |
|Headquarters||Redwood City, CA USA|
Number of employees
|300 (2019)|
The company was launched in 2011 by Manish Chandra.
In November 2017, Poshmark announced that it had raised $87.5 million in venture backed funding led by Singapore-based Temasek. Menlo Ventures, GGV Capital, Mayfield and others also participated. They have raised a total of $160 million to date.
In a May 22, 2018, interview with Reuters, Poshmark's CEO and founder, Manish Chandra, stated since Poshmark's launch sellers on the website had earned $1 billion selling clothing and accessories. Reuters reported that "much" of these earnings were "concentrated in a group of sellers making five, six and even seven figures" though the company noted there were 4 million sellers on the service.
Previously, Reuters reported Poshmark had raised $87.5 million "at a valuation of nearly $600 million."
- Johns, Nikara; Johns, Nikara (January 16, 2018). "The 6 Best Online Consignment Shops You Need to Know".
- "Poshmark raises $87.5 million for fashion resale marketplace".
- Somerville , Heather (23 May 2018). "Online fashion marketplace Poshmark says its sellers have made $1 billion". Internet News. Reuters. Retrieved 10 February 2019.
- Somerville, Heather (14 November 2017). "Online fashion startup Poshmark raises $87.5 million from Temasek". Reuters. Retrieved 10 February 2019.
- Cox, Joseph (1 August 2019). "Clothing Resale Marketplace Poshmark Announces Data Breach". Vice Media. Retrieved 1 August 2019.