Portrait Society of America is an art organization based in Tallahassee, Florida, United States. Established in 1998, the Portrait Society of America is a 501(C)3 registered charity was set to serve the purpose of an art education organization to foster the art of like portraiture, figurative art and Contemporary-Traditional Art through art programs and publications. The Portrait Society is dedicated to providing educational resources for everyone who has the curiosity for technical information, aesthetics in traditional art and history of portraiture and figurative art. The Portrait Society has more than 2,750 members around the globe.
|Founder||Gordon Wetmore, Edward Jonas, Tom Donahue|
|Founded at||Magnolia Drive, Tallahassee, United States|
|Headquarters||1109 S Magnolia Dr, Tallahassee, FL 32301, United States|
|Services||Art Programs, Publications|
|Fields||Portraiture and Figurative art|
The Portrait Society was established by Edward Jonas, Gordon Wetmore, and Tom Donahue as a national non-profit organization in 1998. The organization is governed by an executive board and advisory board in which Daniel Greene, James Gurney, Rhoda Sherbell, Burton Silverman and Mary Whyte are members of the board.
Gold medal recipientsEdit
|1999||William Franklin Draper|
|2000||Everett Raymond Kinstler|
|2001||Daniel E. Greene|
|2010||John Howard Sanden|
- Isl, The; Now (2019-07-18). "The Art Guild calls for artist submissions for new exhibit - Entertainment". The Island Now. Retrieved 2019-07-23.
- "portrait-society-new | ABOUT US". Portrait Society of America. Retrieved 2019-07-17.
- "Portrait Society". www.culturalartscenteronline.org. Retrieved 2019-07-23.
- "Portrait of the island artist | The Royal Gazette:Bermuda Lifestyle - Mobile". www.royalgazette.com. Retrieved 2019-07-23.
- "A Stroke of Genius Portrait Artists - Corporate, Government, Political, Military, Official, Family & Children's Portraits". portraitartist.com. Retrieved 2019-07-17.
- "FSU Art Students Awarded Exceptional Opportunity Award to Attend The Portrait Society of America Annual Conference". Department of Art. 2017-04-25. Retrieved 2019-07-23.
- Johnson, Ken (2003-11-01). "William Draper, 90, Painter Who Portrayed Presidents". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2019-09-07.
- "A Stroke of Genius Portrait Artists - Corporate, Government, Political, Military, Official, Family & Children's Portraits". portraitartist.com. Retrieved 2019-09-07.
- "Daniel E. Greene - Portrait Artist, Subway Paintings, Still Lifes, Workshops, Paint Sets & Painting Videos". www.danielgreeneartist.com. Retrieved 2019-09-07.
- "Portrait Society of America - September ENews". myemail.constantcontact.com. Retrieved 2019-09-07.
- "Dean Mitchell's Marie Brooks Gallery – American Figurative Artist". Retrieved 2019-09-07.