Bābā Farīd was born in 1179 or 1188 AD (584 Hijri) at Kothewal village, 10 km from Multan in the Punjab region of what is now Pakistan, to Jamāl-ud-dīn Suleimān and Maryam Bībī (Qarsum Bībī), daughter of Sheikh Wajīh-ud-dīn Khojendī. He was one of the founding fathers of the Chishti Sufi order.
Ahmed Raza Khan Fazil-e-Barelvi (Urdu: احمد رضاخان, Hindi: अहमद रज़ा खान) (1856–1921 CE), popularly known as ala Hazrat, was a Sunni Hanafi scholar who founded the Barelvi movement of South Asia.Ahmed Raza Khan Barelvi belonged to the Barech tribe of Durrani Pushtuns. The Barech formed a tribal grouping among the Rohilla Pushtuns of North India who founded the state of Rohilkhand. The ancestors of Ahmed Raza Khan migrated from Qandahar during the Mughal rule and settled in Lahore.Ahmad Raza Khan was born on 14 June 1856 in Muhallah Jasoli, Bareilly Sharif, British India. His birth name is Muhammad, Khan used the appellation "Abdul Mustafa" (slave [or servant] of Mustafa) prior to signing his name in correspondence.
- ...that a major population in South Asia, Central Asia, Southern Russia and Indonesia became Muslim solely due to the missionary work of Sufi tariqas.
- ....murraqba and zikr e qalbi are some of the practices of Sufism.
- ....Discussing the characteristics of Tassawuf and Sufis, Hazrat Ali Hujwari supports what Hazrat Junaid Baghdadi says about these qualities. Hazrat Junaid attributes the following eight exemplary qualities of a Sufi. A true Sufi possesses:
- The courage and magnanimity of Prophet Ibrahim.
- The obedience of Prophet Ismail.
- The patience and forbearance of Prophet Ayub.
- The signs of Prophet Zakaria.
- The poverty of Prophet Yahya.
- The traveling nature of Prophet Isa (Jesus).
- The simplicity of dress of Prophet Muss (Moses).
- The Fuqr (contentment and renunciation) of Prophet Mohammed.
- In the Holy Quran LA ILLAHA ILLAL LA HO WAHDAHO LASHARIQA LAHO Allah revealed:
Behold! Verily on the friends Of Allah (GOD) there is no fear, nor shall they grieve; those who believe and (Constantly) guard against evil. For them is Glad Tiding, in the life of the Present, And in the Hereafter: No change can there be in the Words of Allah (GOD). This is indeed the supreme Felicity. [10:62]
- In another words Allah TA'ALA have revealed in the Holy Quran:-
None one can be its guardian except Al-Muttagun (The pious, Saints) But most of them know not. [8:34]
- Allah TA'ALA declares that:
Verily, he who has purified the Nafs has attained victory, and he who has despoiled it has lost.
- Allah TA'ALA also states that:
That day of Qiyamat (the day of doom) neither wealth nor sons will benefit anyone, but that person who comes to Allah with a reformed hearts.