|Porta Hotel Antigua|
|Address||8 Calle Oriente, Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala|
|Number of rooms||110|
|Number of suites||7|
|Number of restaurants||1|
The hotel is located on 8 Calle Poniente, between San Jose el Viejo and San Francisco churches. It is set in gardens with a terrace. The gardens have tropical vegetation, home to indigenous birds such as macaws, and a swimming pool.
The hotel's architecture has strong neo-colonial influences, with intricate features such as cupolas. There are 110 rooms, including 57 Premium rooms, 22 Deluxe rooms, 24 Standard rooms and 7 suites. The color themes, externally and internally, are generally terracotta and white. The rooms and restaurant have traditional Guatemalan decor, including stained hardwood floors.
The hotel is one of the oldest and best known hotels in the town and was voted one of the five top hotels in Central America by Condé Nast Traveler magazine, who also lists it on their Gold List of hotels. The hotel restaurant serves international and Guatemalan cuisine. The Ceiba Porta spa is located on the hotel premises, and provides a range of beauty and relaxation treatments.
- Mercier, Pierre-Yves (2004). Messico America Centrale - Nuove Guide Oro. Touring Editore. p. 379. ISBN 978-88-365-2990-2. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- Footprint Central America and Mexico Handbook. Footprint Handbooks Limited. 2003. p. 596. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- Molinari, Michele (22 January 2009). Le Americhe in Scala: 1 (in Italian). Globevisions. p. 84. ISBN 978-1-4357-2039-8. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- "Wonder for senses: Past and present blend in Guatemala". The Oakland Tribune via HighBeam Research (subscription required). 6 November 2008. Archived from the original on 9 April 2016. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- Greenspan, Eliot (17 February 2009). Frommer's Guatemala. John Wiley & Sons. p. 305. ISBN 978-0-470-46670-4. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- Argueta, Al (14 September 2010). Moon Guatemala. Avalon Travel. p. 98. ISBN 978-1-59880-839-1. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- "Porta Hotel Antigua Luxury Hotel in Antigua Guatemala". AroundAntigua.com. Archived from the original on 26 January 2013. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- "Over US$100". Moon Travel Guides. Archived from the original on 7 May 2013. Retrieved 4 January 2012.
- Auzias, Dominique; Labourdette, Jean-Paul (27 June 2012). Guatemala 2012-2013 (avec cartes, photos + avis des lecteurs). Petit Futé. p. 123. ISBN 978-2-7469-5387-1. Retrieved 4 January 2013.