Port of Arinaga
|Port of Arinaga|
|Location||Agüimes, Gran Canaria|
|Operated by||Port Authority of Las Palmas|
|Annual cargo tonnage||154,000 (2016)|
It was not until the later part of the 19th century when the construction of a small harbor in order to facilitate the agricultural exports of the southern part of the island was proposed. Works initiated following the 1917 crisis during World War I and, in 1927, an expansion was commissioned, although it would not take place at the time. Later in the 20th century a mammoth project that would make the port bigger than Las Palmas' was ultimately shelved in the 1970s.
- "Arinaga consolida su futuro, un puerto con proyectos que transforman su realidad". Canarias7. 28 February 2018.
- González Rodríguez 1996, p. 198.
- González Rodríguez 1996, p. 199.
- González Rodríguez 1996, pp. 199–200.
- "El aerogenerador de Arinaga bate el récord de generación eléctrica". eldiario.es. 8 November 2013.
- Fernández, Silvia (21 May 2020). "El tráfico portuario se hunde en Lanzarote y Fuerteventura mientras La Luz aguanta". Canarias7.