Pope Stephen may refer to any of several men who were Pope or who were elected Pope of the Roman Catholic Church. Historically, there have been two regnal numbering systems used when referring to Popes called "Stephen" starting with Pope-elect Stephen. See Pope-elect Stephen for detailed explanation.
- Pope Stephen I (died 257), Bishop of Rome from 254–257
- Pope-elect Stephen (died 752), also known as Pope Stephen II, elected Pope but died before his consecration
- Pope Stephen II (III) (died 757), pope from 752–757
- Pope Stephen III (IV) (720–772), pope from 768–772
- Pope Stephen IV (V) (died 817), pope from 816–817
- Pope Stephen V (VI) (died 891), pope from 885–891
- Pope Stephen VI (VII) (died 897), pope from 896–897
- Pope Stephen VII (VIII) (died 931), pope from 929–931
- Pope Stephen VIII (IX) (died 942), pope from 939–942
- Pope Stephen IX (X) (c. 1020–1058), pope from 1057–1058
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Pope Stephen.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.