Pontllanfraith A.F.C. were a Welsh football club from the large village and community located in the Sirhowy Valley in Caerphilly county borough, Wales, within the historic boundaries of Monmouthshire and situated adjacent to the town of Blackwood. They played in the Welsh Football League and were associated with South Wales Switchgear, a major employer in the area who specialised in electrical equipment. In 1992 they merged with Fields Park to form Fields Park Pontllanfraith.
|Full name||Pontllanfraith Association Football Club|
This list is incomplete; you can help by adding missing items. (October 2019)
- Welsh Football League Premier Division (Tier 1 Welsh Football Pyramid) – Champions: 1978–79
- Welsh Football League Premier Division (Tier 1 Welsh Football Pyramid) – Runners-Up: 1980–81
- Welsh Football League Division One (Tier 2 Welsh Football Pyramid) – Champions: 1973–74
- Welsh Football League Division One (Tier 2 Welsh Football Pyramid) – Runners-Up: 1964–65
- Welsh League Division Two East (Tier 2 Welsh Football Pyramid) – Champions (2): 1952–53; 1963–64
- Welsh Football League Division Two (Tier 3 Welsh Football Pyramid) – Champions: 1972–73
- Welsh Football League Cup – Winners: 1979–80; 1984–85
- Welsh Football League Cup – Runners-Up: 1977–78; 1978–79
Welsh Football League historyEdit
Information sourced from the Football Club History Database for Pontllanfraith and South Wales Switchgear, and the Welsh Soccer Archive.
- ^ From this season the club was renamed South Wales Switchgear and used this name until the end of the 1969–70 season when it reverted to Pontllanfraith.
- ^ From the 1964–65 season Division 1 was renamed 'Premier Division', Division 2 East and West were replaced by 'Division One' and 'Division Two' (effectively Division Two and Division Three).
- ^ In this season The Premier Division (Division 1) was renamed 'National Division'. The 2nd tier division was renamed 'Premier Division' with the 3rd tier division named 'Division 1'.
- ^ In this season, The 2nd tier division was renamed 'Division One' with the 3rd tier division renamed 'Division Two'.